2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Excellent game - should have sold better,
This review is from: Binary Domain (PS3) (Video Game)
Like Vanquish before it, this game may be excellent but sells poorly. It sold something like 20,000 in its first month on sale, and I cannot imagine it selling more by that time. That is a real pity because the game is a brilliant shooter that deserves to be played by all.
The story largely revolves around robots infiltrating human society undetected, and the many many shots fired are largely a means to find he who is responsible for this. It is a rather clever story, and throughout you'll be laughing at the main character who is always cracking a joke or two.
The gameplay itself is a typical third person shooter with a good cover system. Initially you will find the aiming a bit floaty, but that is intentional because with upgrades you can improve 'aiming' with makes aiming much tighter. I cannot really criticise the gameplay because the shooting is pretty good, and the sheer amount of enemies you fight exemplify the good gameplay.
1) Gameplay - shooting is spot-on, and fighting hundreds of enemies never gets boring.
2) Story - quite a good one, and quite clever too.
3) Characters - very, very funny and the characters relationships are quite good too. I particularly like the bits when you can choose who to take into battle with you, and the dialogue changes with the team mates.
4) Bosses - probably some of the best I've ever taken on. Very imaginative and a lot of fun to take down.
1) Aiming - yes, initially it is a bit floaty.
2) Difficulty - on the middle setting certain bosses can be too difficult with one hit kills and forcing you to start over. Again. And again. But when you beat said bosses, it is satisfying.