ARRAY(0xa6498d08)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really big enough, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: GEM Compact Camera Case for Nikon Coolpix L810, P510 plus Limited Accessories (Electronics)
I bought this case in a hurry for my brand new COOLPIX P510 as I was not able to get to shops before my holiday 2 days away. I thought it would fit into my old camera case but no. I ordered next day delivery which was excellent. Case came within 24 hours.
However.......... UNFORTUNATELY this case does not quite have the height for this camera, it protrudes above the lower case by at least 2cm which ever way you put the camera in. I trusted that as the site actually states its suitability for this actual camera, that it would therefore be the best way to go.
I am disappointed. I know the camera should be a snug fit in the case but it should also imerge the WHOLE camera inside, SADLY IT DOESNT.this also means you would not be able to use the mesh pocket in the top. Also the camera strap has to go into the space you make with padded velcro insert so hopefully any accessories have to be placed in the front zipped compartment.
VERY DISAPPOINTING.
Maybe they sent the wrong size bag? How would I know as there was not a single word of paperwork. Just bag. box and case.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jun 2012 12:17:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2012 12:31:14 BDT
Dear J. E. Smith,

Thank you for your email and I am very sorry that you did not find the case suitable. From the many cases we have sold for the Nikon COOLPIX 510, this is the first such comment, with many positive comments of which some are shown below. We think it could be that the camera needs loading in the case a different way to the ways you have tried, ideally with the lens facing down.

"an excellent service and wonderful items...very pleased...."
"No problems regarding this straightforward order."
"great"
"excellent service"
"Good quality camera case. Excellent service arrived day after dispatched."

The width of the COOLPIX 510 is 120mm, with the case being 155mm allowing for a couple of accessories using the moveable divider. The depth of the COOLPIX 510 is 102mm compared to a case dimension of 105mm. The height of the COOLPIX 510 is 83mm compared to case dimension of 80mm, with the case being able to flex the additional 3mm giving a nice snug fit to hold the camera in place.

With regard to the internal pocket this is ideal for memory cards which are very thin, and can still be accommodated in this pocket. Larger items such as spare batteries can be accommodated in the larger front pocket.

We are aware that this case is a compact case, which is deal for taking your camera and minimal accessories out when you do not want to carry round a larger case. We do produce larger cases, which can take additional accessories, and as always we are more than happy to offer a full refund or exchange if our customer is not 100% satisfied with their order.

With regard to paperwork, as receipts are now available on-line, we do not send paper copies out to keep our use of paper to a minimum. However if paper copies are required we are always happy to provide them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and custom.

Best regards

James Barber
GEM Customer Services

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2012 15:43:38 BDT
M. D. Gibson says:
I think your reply was quite relevant and I have found inserting the back of the camera first, for me , the best way of judicially using the space available. I have a spare card and lens cloth in the inside top ,and spare battery and puffer brush in the front. Still leaving the side pockets free for small accessories. The light weight of the whole case without camera etc is superb and surprising too. A fine case to purchase and well thought out. Dave G.

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 17:51:07 GMT
Carolina says:
RETURN IT! Amazon is good with this sort of thing. Judging from the other review that said the bag has room to spare, the case you got is the wrong one. Anyway, if it doesn't fit the camera comfortably it is unsatisfactory -- 2cm short is obviously NOT big enough! If you can, take a photo of the camera protruding out of the bag (maybe on your computer?) and send it to GEM for their comments.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 17:57:48 GMT
Carolina says:
I am holding a Coolpix P510 and the height is actually just a fraction under 9cm or 90mm. A bag 80mm (8cm) high would be a centimetre too short, and this size should NOT be used for a high-quality camera like this. I work for Nikon, and although there are other bags that would fit this camera well (not only from Nikon itself), I would NOT recommend this bag if you care about your camera since any tap on the short side would impact on the camera itself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›