5.0 out of 5 stars Superb printer but a bit expensive to run, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Canon Pixma MG6350 Black Inkjet, 6226B008 (Personal Computers)
The printer arrived in an attractive looking retail box which had a nice big picture of the printer on it along with descriptions of the features at the back. Nothing out of the ordinary here, but it was nice glancing around the box reading some of the features before opening it.

I was surprised to find the printer placed vertically padded with four PVC foam protectors on each corner. The ink cartridges were sellotaped to one of the PVC pieces which I found rather weird as I was expecting them to be placed in a more secure location inside the packaging. The printer was wrapped in a grey bag which is quite typical of all Canon printers. Inside were some manuals, service material, special Canon print-test paper, and three free photo sheets measuring 6"x4".

The photo papers were blank at the back with no Canon logos, while the retail versions have the logos on them. They come in packs of 50.

I noticed that the power cord (tape wire) did not fit in snugly and felt like it wasn't even plugged in properly.

Upon startup, the printer took it's time initialising. 6 minutes to be exact. I found this to be quite long but once fully started, it didn't go through the same process again. After installing the six ink cartridges, I began setting up the Wirelass LAN connection which was very easy to do on the touchscreen. In a couple of minutes I was able to print some test photos from an Android mobile phone and the results were superb. I noticed the colours were a bit high in contrast but then again, I printed everything on the default settings.

That said, the image quality is perfect. Absolutely brilliant. I couldn't have asked for a better picture (despite the high contrast which can be customised and set lower later).

I then started my PC and installed the Canon drivers. The driver software recognised the printer wirelessly (you can also choose to use a USB cable). I already knew how the photo quality was, so I decided to test the scanner.

Scanning on the MG6350 is very easy. There are two ways to scan. You can scan from the PC or scan using the touchscreen controls on the printer itself. I find the latter much more easier. If you scan directly from the printer, you can choose where to save the scan image. Either to the PC (which comes up on the screen) or a memory card. Once you press OK, it takes a few seconds and the scan is done. You can also press "COPY" and it prints the scan on paper very quickly. Of course, you can choose to scan in both colour or black-and-white.

I scanned a utility bill and I found it to look 95% like the original thing in terms of colours, contrast, and even clarity. Wow, it really impressed me.

Sorry for the not-so-technical review, but these are just my thoughts on the printer. Bless you.

Amin

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Dec 2012 21:41:17 GMT
Very helpful layman terms and exactly the information that I need; to replace my non airprint MG6150.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2013 22:29:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Feb 2013 22:31:13 GMT
Margie Scot says:
I too, found what was referred to as a 'not so technical review' very helpful and easy to follow. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 18:20:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Feb 2013 18:21:45 GMT
A. Rehman says:
Thank you so much, Stephen and Margie! I just wanted to help people and let them know how the printer was, and I am glad you found it helpful.

Posted on 23 May 2013 13:05:16 BDT
alan cook says:
can it print A4 colour prints

Posted on 28 May 2013 23:04:11 BDT
W Saeter says:
This printer uses (only) five inks.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2014 13:47:53 BDT
Paul69 says:
How come?

Posted on 9 May 2014 08:52:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 May 2014 08:54:50 BDT
Mirage1 says:
Hi
Can you tell me if the ink tanks are fillable please, ie by Cartridgeworld etc? Also, having had the printer for a while now, can you tell me, would you buy it again? Have there been any issues?
I need to replace my Canon Pixma MP600 which, like every other Canon owner it seems, needs the printer head replacing (shame on you Canon for using expensive to replace, short life printer heads) I,ve had 2 and bith have had an issue with the print head! I'm a little worried therefore about buying another Canon. The cost of the tanks worry me too, which is why it'd be good to know whether they are refillable?

I don't print Photo's it's really only for document printing, children's homework etc and the scanner, air print (wi-fi) sounds a bonus, (with so many good deals out there to print Photo's, it seems it would be cheaper than using the expensive ink!)
Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (293 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £379.99