16 of 17 people found the following review helpful
Impressive feature list but poor quality,
By A Customer
This review is from: JVC XV-NP10SB DivX Multi Card Slot DVD Player (Electronics)
I bought this player because of the Divx playback. However, I am very disappointed with the poor picture and sound quality. The worst problem though with this player is that the audio and video are out of synch on DVD playback. I have seen other reviews mention this as well so this is not a one-off problem.
- Plays divx, Mpeg4, MP3 and WMA
- Reads all types of memory cards
- Was able to read a disk that other DVD players had trouble reading
- Divx video quality quite good despite some minor annoyances
- Video and audio out of sync on many DVDs (feels like watching a dubbed movie)
- Cannot play DVD+R
- Flimsy memory card slot cover - very cheap
- On screen display poor - flickers
- Divx playback has a flicker down the right-hand side and is not quite square in the corner. If zoomed, it flickers along the bottom
- The zoom feature (to remove the letter box from widescreen movies) gets switched off whenever you skip to the next capture or fast-forward. Very annoying.
- DVD picture poor quality. Not sharp and colours are muted.
- Sound is poor quality - feels like listening to a dull mono broadcast.
I didn't think that it was possible to have large differences in picture and sound quality between DVD players but here it is very, very noticeable when compared to my old, cheap Panasonic. The deal breaker though is the out of synch audio and video. Unforgivable in my opinion.