4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Very fast and reliable NAS device,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Synology DS213J 2 Bay DiskStation Desktop NAS (Accessory)
Synology's DS213J comes with so many features that it's very much worth visiting the manufacturer's web site and getting informed on its capabilities.
The features I have used so far and found most useful are:
* At home, a Gigabit network connection allows data rates up to 100MBytes/sec (the transfer rate is lower when copying small files). It works great with a Netgear ProSafe Plus 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch.
* The device automatically goes into sleep mode when not in use and wakes up when attempting to access it, from the LAN or from the Internet.
* The device helps set up a home-based cloud service. That means, it's becomes easy to access your data from a mobile, a tablet or a laptop computer. I've tried the mobile apps for Android and I'm happy with them.
* It's based on Linux and comes with a user-friendly, web-based, administrative interface. It allows deployment of custom software, which means this NAS happily serves as a personal server for various different applications (e.g. GIT server, mail server, web site, etc)
* It's IPv6 Ready. Works great with a DrayTek Vigor2860n-plus.
I'm using the above features on a daily basis and I've been very happy with the product. Hence, I'd highly recommend it, for home and small office (1-3 people) uses.