Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF TIME, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Epson Expression Home XP-212 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi (Accessory)
Having read all the reviews that said how difficult this printer was to set up wirelessly I thought with 20 year's of Mac experience and setting up various routers, modems and servers that this would be a doddle. I have spent 7 hours with Epson on-line help with various people and have tried EVERYTHING, restarts of all machinery, various downloads and reboots and cables and non cables - NOTHING WORKS. I recommend that you do not but this machine, step up to one with an LCD screen so at least it can self diagnose, this really is £60 down the drain - I could have earned that money in the first two hours anyway. I assume the problem is with my router's security protocols - but hey, we are all meant to have secure routers aren't we? DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE - IT IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, A DODDLE TO SET UP.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Oct 2013 13:32:14 BDT
Hi, we'd love to help get your printer set up and running wirelessly. We will however, need to gather some further information particularly regarding any previous correspondence so we can best assist you. Please can you email in to our team at social@epson.co.uk so we can look into this further.

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 01:38:35 GMT
David Clark says:
With 20 years of Mac experience, the one thing you should learn is, a Mac is not a PC! All devices are compatible with all PCs. The easy solution is "do not buy a Mac"!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 07:20:36 GMT
Designerdrew says:
Many thanks for the comment. Unfortunately I am one of the rare breed of people for whom the original Mac was originally designed - a genuine graphic designer. The Mac is my industry's standard computer of choice - all the programmes, fonts etc used by graphic designers are ultimately compatible with Macs, many of the programmes then having PC versions latterly created which are simply not as smooth running or easy to use as the original Mac platformed versions. I wish I had the choice of PCs as they are far cheaper and far less pretentious, plus I would get a much wider choice of peripheral products and help. The easy solution in my case is actually not to buy products that, as very much a secondary afterthought, claim to be 'Mac compatible'. The phrase 'Mac compatible' leads the Mac user to assume that such labeled products will find and connect to the internet/router/other computers in the house as easily and smoothly as a genuine 'Mac compatible' product does.

Posted on 7 Dec 2013 14:35:24 GMT
This printer is very mac friendly. I'm not au fait with all this stuff. So I handed it over to my 16yr old son. He had it printing from my MacBook in under 5 minutes. No discs/leads were required. He did say you need to press the WPS button on the router so the laptop can pick up the printer. All automatic from there as the laptops picked up the printer signal. We now have a MacBook, a windows laptop, and two iphones (the apps are great) printing perfectly. Wasn't a jot of difference to setting it up on Mac as to Windows. Excellent printer!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2013 15:03:34 GMT
Designerdrew says:
Perhaps Epson could stop getting their employees to write in and patronise me, the Canon I bought instead hooked into my network first time, a better product then.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2013 15:22:03 GMT
I hope this isn't a reply to my comment. As you'll see from my review my purchase of this printer is amazon verified. I certainly do not work for Epson. I bought this in the Black Friday deals (mainly to print off return labels for the numerous other stuff I purchased in the same week)
All I can tell you Is that my 16yr old son had this Epson hooked up to my MacBook, his Windows laptop, and the two iphones in our house in under 5 mins. All that was required was pressing the WPS button on the router.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›