1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy if you are overweight., 30 Nov 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I am having an ongoing battle with the company that makes this game with them telling me the reason the game wont play is because there is a problem with my kinect, and me saying that the kinect works fine for the other 5 games I have. Let me explain..

The game begins, then asks me to stand in front of the sensor and wave. I wave and wave and wave, and it doesn't see me. I recalibrate, no problems, I start again and it lets me choose the options, then when the game starts it once again asks me to stand in front of the sensor and wave, and again it doesn't see me.

Now here is the weird bit. my husband stands there and it picks him up the minute he walks in front of it, me it cant see, which is ironic really as I am overweight and much larger than he is - So much for using this as part of my weightloss program :)

I wrote to Mindscape at the email address in the accompanying booklet, and my email got bounced back. There are no phone numbers to call, so I visited their web site which is all in french. using my old schoolgirl french I managed to find a place to raise a ticket for help, and since then I have had no help at all from them over this, so this game is a waste of money for me as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, the bits I saw when my husband played the game, looked repetitive and 'cheap' looking. It didnt get him dancing, but moving from one coloured stream to another (like guitar hero) and making a gesture. I can see how this would get monotonous after a while.

If you want a better game, go for Dance Central. It is much more satisfying to play, and when you have got good enough you unlock challenges. You put in your weight and it tells you how many calories you burn doing the dance. The video playback of the freestyle section is hilarious too!

[Add comment]