4.0 out of 5 stars Couple of annoying downsides, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I bought this hairdryer when it first came out from another online retailer. I chose this model for the simple fact it was powerful ionic and the hair diffuser was included. It has a long cable and it is really a big plus as short cables can be extremely annoying when the plug is far from your mirror. When I first started using it I thought it was rather heavy compared to my old less powerful hairdryer. I don't know how to blow-dry my hair on my own but I would think any1 would get tired arms using this hairdryer as all the weight is mainly placed at the back of it.

It has 3 heat settings one coldish, warm and hot. The first one is good for the warmer weather. Warm one is really is my personal favourite. My only problem with the hot settings is that it gets a bit too hot and I have to keep pressing the blue cold shot button to get it to a reasonable heat again.

I have wavy hair and when I want to straighten my hair I use the hair nozzle which makes my hair pretty straight even without using a round brush. so quiet please with that.

Now, the diffuser is a real disappointment. It just keeps falling off even just by moving the hairdryer as u do. It works ok but it's just so annoying literally having 10 seconds it goes flying and it can also be quiet dangerous. I took advantage of the fact my son put it in the rubbish, I suspect, and bough a DIVA universal diffuser from amazon It is a lot bigger and does a much better job and most importantly it fits!

Looks wise it's a very attractive piece of kit in my opinion. Black glossy look with girly print on the side.

Overall I am happy with the speed of how this hairdryer works. Having paid and higher price for this and also had to buy a new diffuser I don't think it was particularly good value for money.

I would discourage anyone from buying this hairdryer if it's a diffuser they r looking for. It's a bit on the heavy side and the hot heat settings can get too hot.

At this new reduced price I think it's better value for money than it used to be before.

Nice but it could have been better for the price.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]