1.0 out of 5 stars Poor poor Girl! I think not!!!, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Slave Girl (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this on my kindle and have to say that although I believe that this woman was abused as a young girl and may not have had the best start in life Its my opinion that what happened to her later on was completely her own doing.
I am from the same area as her and her description or rather the ghost writers description of the area seems to be likened to something from the 1950/60s. The school she says she attended doesnt or never has existed. She sounded as if she was an out of control tearaway that lead her Mam and siblings a right merry dance which resulted in her being taken into care.
She claims she was "lured" to Amsterdam on the pretense of a job as a nursery nurse and once there was met by "Sally" and a man named John Reece. She claims she was held at gunpoint in a car in broad daylight through the streets of Amsterdam. Why if she thought she was being taken to her new place of work as a nursery nurse would they need to hold a gun to her head????
I think Sarah Forsyth or Sara Lee seems to have overstretched the truth. She knew exactly what she was there to do. Google her and come to your own conclusions. Two year ago it was reported in a local paper how she spat in a nurses face knowing that she is infected with Hep C because she had turned up to the clinic for her free drugs (methadone) too early and was told to go back at the correct time. That poor nurse had to endure 12wks of tests to find out whether she was infected! Poor Poor Sarah Forsythe I think Not!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2012 02:06:17 BDT
Sarah Forsyth was a very vulnerable person when she applied for that job in Amsterdam! Have you ever been to Amsterdam?? I've been to the red light district three times in the last year and her descriptions of Amsterdam were exact. Unless you have walked in her shoes you really shouldn't judge people....

Posted on 7 May 2012 19:58:42 BDT
Had you in fact read the whole book, she does actually admit to becoming addicted to the clinical drugs such as morphine. It is no wonder to me people like you just seem to see only the final results of a frightening trauma that occurs to people and children and just assume "oh they're bad seeds. they're just like that stay away from them" when in fact, if people like you stopped and thought "WHY are they so bad? why do they need that addiction to numb reality?"
Well it's no myth that a lot of prostitutes and children who grow up from abusive backgrounds end up in crime, prison or dead, themselves.
This book was utterly compelling, and i guess maybe you ought to try escaping a car in broad daylight with a gun to your head if you think she was so stupid not to.
I've been in a car going to a friend's house in the evening in a supposed safe area, only to have two gunmen run up and point a gun at my father. It was a quiet street but there were neighbours nonetheless so I think so long as you keep looking for excuses to refuse to believe something that is undeniably too frightening to contemplate as real (such as her description of "russian roulette" which incidentally another author described in her autobiography by a policeman who was a paedophile), then things like this will keep on happening, since some people would rather be blissfully ignorant rather than support or raise awareness.
Also you might want to do a little more research, as the Guardian printed a story on an investigation of sex slave women in britain's brothels. A lot of those women were sold to these brothels and forced to work against their will, but I suppose you might say they "knew exactly what they were doing" huh?
I bet you've never even travelled outside of this cosy little bubble of yours, go to places like India, impoverished areas of Russia and the likes and you will see the brutal reality, of young barely adolescent girls sold in brothels to the highest bidder.
Also type in "sex slave" in google it is SHOCKING that there are actually websites of this nature, how disgusting!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 21:58:11 BDT
Lojo1617 says:
I did read the whole book for your information. I also know that a lot of girls find themselves trapped in the sex slave industry through no fault of their own and I have the utmost sympathy for them. I have read a lot of books where children and adults have suffered terrible abuse but this girl got herself into that situation and if you do your research you would also question a lot of what she claims. Can you tell me why she went to Leicester to live with her "kidnapper" and his girlfriend after she supposedly escaped from them? Can I also point out that I did not question why she didnt try to escape whilst having a gun pointed to her head! I queried why, if she thought she was going to her new job as a nursery nurse would anybody have to point a gun to her head!! I don't live in a "cosy little bubble" as you put it and that is why I don't believe her version of events. I am not as gullible as you seem to be and i am entitled to my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 22:05:03 BDT
Lojo1617 says:
And its people like you walking around the streets of Amsterdam gawping into the windows at these girls that keep this trade going. I don.t judge anybody I was simply saying that I did not believe this girls version of events. Do your research!

Posted on 16 May 2012 17:41:10 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 16 May 2012 17:41:52 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 09:33:57 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 27 May 2012 09:37:24 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 19:44:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jun 2012 21:41:10 BDT
honeybunny says:
I agree with your suspicions Logo, I was going to review the book but decided it wasn't worth it. I think it would take more than another negative review to convince most people this account is exceedingly dodgy. My reasons for finding this story suspect are as follows- like you, I am highly suspicious of the fact she formed a relationship with one of her 'kidnappers' AFTER her ordeal was over. I would love to hear the other version of events from those that kidnapped her...
I think that anyone, who ran away from care, time and time again, as a very young teenager, (on one occasion, to live with a near stranger), would have enough street smarts to escape her position in Amsterdam. Especially in the early days. In the book she says she braved the chance of the dogs in the children home being let loose to make her escape, how was being held under other similar abusive circumstances any different when it came to braving the dogs? And the allusion to the dogs, that kept her hostage, being fed human meat is frankly laughable.
I'm sure some horrific things happened to her, but I am suspect to what extent are they true, even her wife didn't believe her about the more extreme experiences. I am also suspicious in how complicit she was in all this. I don't believe she was trafficked, ( not in the way I understand the concept anyway) I believe she was a disturbed young girl that got manipulated into some thing she could not handle. Whilst not excusing those to blame, its very different.
I don't believe her excuse that she became hooked on methadone because that was the drug she was given to help her get off crack, she was already a drug addict, she just replaced one drug with another. Plenty of drug addicts have kicked the habit, without perpetual excuses.
Finally, her mum swore blind she had phoned her whilst in Amsterdam, Sarah says not, somehow, 'they' got hold of her mums number and someone managed to convince mum it was her daughter on the phone. I think this is a ludicrous claim. I would know my own daughter over anyone. Did she ring in a 'blackout', maybe? Is that the reason why she insists she didn't ring? More likely. But that wouldn't fit into the story of not being able to escape would it?
Sorry If I seem too cynical but I believe sex trafficking is an absolutely vile business and I am genuinely sympathetic to its victims, I just question the authenticity of this account.

Posted on 25 Jun 2012 12:44:31 BDT
kimberley says:
Wud luv to hear from 'sally' ! I have read very small review from her. Also wonder what is going on with john reece (somebody posted elsewhere he dead) ??

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 12:23:12 BDT
Rich says:
I also struggle to believe that it took her a year to run away and seek help. If you are telling me that you cannot find a single chance to escape, or find one single policeman in the red light district during one MONTH I would be very surprised. I have read horrific stories about people kept in locked houses and drugged to within an inch of their life, not escaping from 'that' I can understand... but this? A British girl who'd been abducted would I feel certainly have a lot more fight and will to get away in her than or example some Moldovan girl form a second world country.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2012 08:40:02 BDT
Me visiting Amsterdam does not keep that trade going... I've never used there services! The punters keep the trade going, Do your research!! I don't need to say anymore because somebody else has already has, you have no idea, also, if it was so easy to escape human trafficking wouldn't be the problem that it IS!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,249 customer reviews)

Out of stock