11 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Hello, new polaroid! ..,
This review is from: Lomography Diana Instant Back Camera (Electronics)
My friends brought me one of these just after I got my Diana F+ and I love them both!
The instant back is so easy to use - I've never used a polaroid before so I can't comment on the differences / similarities but it really is very simple You literally turn it on, take your picture/s, press the button and hey presto it's done. Simples.
Whilst I do love it there are a few negative points I've noticed after finishing my first cartridge of 10 exposures. In no particular order:
- It'a fairly big, pretty bigger than the Diana itself and makes it slightly awkward when taking a picture.
- What you see in the viewfinder isn't what comes out in the picture. Not too much of a problem but it takes some getting used to - object must be central to avoid cropping anything out!
- The film is so darn expensive! The cheapest I've managed to find it is just over £7 for an individual cartridge of 10 exp. - Pretty reasonable compared to some of the extortionate prices I've been seeing!
- Once you've loaded film into the back you can't remove it until you've finished the pack. Again, not a huge problem but it's sometimes annoying when you want to save it or switch back to 35mm/120mm.
- Batteries drain very quickly if you forget to turn it off!
Having said all of the above, the positives dramatically outweigh the negatives - I love my instant back. If you've got a Diana then you NEED one!
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Sep 2011 23:30:22 BDT
Mr. Jacob S. Hargreaves says:
Hi there, were do you get your "£7" film from? Have just ordered the instant back and can't believe the cost of film that I have looked at so far.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›