1.0 out of 5 stars Over-hyped and over my head, 24 Jan 2011
This review is from: 21 Amazon Exclusive Edition [Includes pullout poster containing Adele's hand written lyrics] (Audio CD)
So that you know where I am coming from,my favourite albums are Desperado(Eagles) and Whats going on(Marvin Gaye)...I normally sit back and listen to a whole album,not in this case, it was fast-forward all the time.Does she have an excellent voice,YES,but the arrangements and production are very poor.Her album 19 is more indicative of her talents,buy that, not this load of rubbish.Everyone one is allowed mistakes I hope this is her last.Whats the betting her next album will be called 23!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jan 2011 12:41:29 GMT
Cloudberry says:
I would have taken note of the review had you listened to the whole album...but you admit to not doing so; therefore, no-one will take your review too seriously.

Posted on 24 Jan 2011 13:33:23 GMT
Mike C says:
Given this album has just been released R J can not have listened and absorbed it properly. I always take time to fully integrate into a new album before I comment. I suggest he does the same since this new Adele offering got an excellent write up in Mojo.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2011 21:00:07 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2011 11:51:09 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 02:08:24 GMT
Geoff,you have a valid point but would you tighten a tumbscrew to see how much pain you can endure? As I said,beautful voice but the album is garbage and would be a great torture device playing it 24 hours a day to the unwilling guests of the US government.
Roy

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 02:30:02 GMT
Mike,Amazon delivered the album last Thursday and I was eager to listen to it(and remember its just my opinion) its rubbish.I do not know about you but I know if I like songs in a minute or so...I have been buying CDs and vinyl for 30 years and this album does not doo justice to Adele. It is not just Mojo but also the Sunday Times and the BBC reviewers that praise this album to the skies.As far as I can envisage they are a bunch of middle aged hippies with goatee beards wearing Sex Pistol t-shirts and saying that they were at Woodstock. You like the album,good,everyone is allowed a choice.
Roy

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 02:37:40 GMT
You are so right,its a shame that so much talent is put to waste,you can only hope that her 3rd album will rediscover her soul. Just a hint,buy an old recording of 'Round the Horne' at least it will put a smile on your face.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 12:53:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Jan 2011 12:55:01 GMT
We get these sort of reviewers all the time on Amazon and it's desperately sad. I witnessed a similar review to this regarding Rumer's album, in which the reviewer admitted to playing it twice! This one is even worse, not even once! Then we have the joker who has heard a couple of songs whilst he was browsing in HMV and instantly posts a negative review. I blame the X factor for all this short attention span, seems like some folk want instant gratification these days. To review ANY album unless you have listened to it less than 10 times is folly.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 19:21:09 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2011 11:51:09 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 20:16:07 GMT
I appreciate your comments but if you think about it you are talking about 10 hours of listening to one CD,I buy at least two a week. As a music follower you know that when you listen to a CD something hits your funny bone and you say Ahh!.
I only expect 3 or4 tracks on any album to be any good,but with 21 there is nothing there,the producer has made her go thro' her whole range of vocals,but it means nothing and please do not tell me about angst.This album is rubbish and to listen to all of it is akin to turning a toothache into an headache.But its my opinion,and your money....listen to 'Knockin'Boots' by Candyman and put a smile on your face

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 20:23:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Jan 2011 20:26:57 GMT
Of course, music is all about opinions and opinions are like A-holes - we've all got one. The problem is when some people use them to express their opinions out of. OK, I'm joking. Honest. It took me repeated plays to 'get' Astral Weeks, now I play it a couple of times a week - been doing this for many years. It's my favourite album of all time. I'm just saying making snap decisions on something like an album which contains over 10 separate pieces of work is crass. And as for the FEMALE HMV'er, absolutely no comment. HaHa. I'm hoping that the 69,000 folk who bought Adele's album on Monday give it more chance than you did.

PS And your revelation that you buy 'at least' 2 albums a week so can't devote 10 hours of your time to one is yet more back up to my theory that you are one of the new breed of people looking for instant, X Factor-type gratification.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›