4.0 out of 5 stars a whole load of fun, 23 Jan. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Game was delivered about 2 working days prior to ordering.
At first I was a bit skeptical because I'm more of a fps gamer, and not really into leveling up and gaining xp. However I've been surprised by this game.
Firstly I want to stress the point that I don't think this game is the type of game that has you gripped to the inner core, but don't get me wrong it's still a whole load of fun.
Installing the game was a breeze I just put the cd in and it was installed within 15 minutes. Next step was to see if it worked with my xbox wireless controller for windows. Which it did easily and the instructions shows you the configurations.
The first half an hour of playing it I ran out of ammo frequently, the guns that are given to you at the start of the game have poor damage and poor accuracy. Meaning unless your quite close to your enemy then you don't have much of a chance of killing them quickly. But this problem quickly died away when I found new weapons, that I upgraded to which made killing things a whole lot easier.
On my 3 year old pc, the graphics are amazing, I've experienced no problems with frame rates and theirs minimal pixelization even when i hook it up to my 42".
The atmosphere created by the game is very effective. Being terrified and shouting "What the. . ." at the screen when two small creachers flailing their arms run at me out of no-where.
All in all a good experience and even better if your looking for a game to dip in and out of.

[Add comment]