5.0 out of 5 stars I can't put it down!, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Ceramic White (Personal Computers)
I am absolutely addicted to this thing! If you hoped you would accomplish loads of tasks on it, be warned, you'll spend so much time playing that very little productivity will occur!

The battery life still isn't great despite the souped up battery they have put into it.

It doesn't come with any type of case and so make sure you bear that in mind as it DOES NEED ONE. Samsung themselves sell the flip cases which clip onto the phone to replace the battery cover, for around £29.99 but I got one for £15 in my local high street perfectly easily.

Do NOT lose the S-Pen as you only get one with it and I imagine replacing it would be costly - I'm sure you could use any of the capacitive screen pens but they would not fully work as you need the "click" facility of the S-Pen if you want to use the note functions. However, it does whistle at you if you walk away without replacing the S-Pen in the slot!!

It really is very well thought out I must say and, despite some initial problems working out how to use it, and some minor frustrations as the touch screen doesn't like the way I write certain letters and constantly mistakes them for other letters (not really a problem, I just have awful handwriting!)

The Note function pops up automatically if your phone rings and at various other points so you can make notes while you're in-call.

It also has the lasso facility so you can save text from articles online etc and make notes around them.

In a nutshell, it is a mini version of the tablet Note. It's expensive without a doubt but, personally, it is a better option for me than the bigger tablet.

You can easily buy bluetooth or USB keyboards to attach to it and then use Polaris as a Word Processing programme (or others which you can download as apps). It converts notes to either text or pdf files for emailing and sharing.

It has a reasonable camera although not great, but it's quite big if you're considering holding it up to take loads of photos!

I have to say, I am absolutely delighted with it.

Just be cautious if you're planning on using it for any tethering as most (if not all now) networks DO now charge for this, even if you have an unlimited data package. T-Mobile was the last to start charging and, thus far, I've been totally unable to get them to tell me how much they charge! I'm not sure they even know yet! I think they planned to do it for free but were taken by surprize by the level of take up.

If you like gadgets and you're a fan of the Galaxies in general (I have an S2 which I've loved from the start), then definitely consider buying this if space is a problem for you and you don't want to be carrying the bigger tablet around. If you've never owned a Galaxy previously, I still think you'll find this incredibly simple to operate and you'll find yourself a Samsung addict in no time at all (it beats nasty Apple hands down in my opinion!)

The phone itself isn't as big as I'd imagined but, if you put it side by side with the Galaxy S2, the screen size is huge by comparison. The screen is also fully reactive and I've had no problems with the touch facility so far.

To sum up, I love it!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]