5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, gorgeous camera, takes great movies and withstands abuse, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Pentax WG-10 Waterproof Digital Camera - Metallic Grey (14MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Camera)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Length:: 3:51 Mins

📦 Unboxing is a pretty joyless experience; it's a plain brown box. Good for the environment, I suppose. (I was a little let down at the time, but on reflection, I applaud Pentax for doing this. ALL tech companies should consider this).That said, when you take the camera out, it looks amazing. The display is gorgeous. Even before you turn it on, it looks stunning! My initial disappointment faded as I realised how capable and robust this thing is.

💦 Watch the video as I abuse the camera - the proof is in the footage.

🐈 When I took the footage of the cats, I didn't use a tripod. I have shaky hands and the cats also kept 'head butting' me. The built in stabilisation is extremely effective.

🎦 It's a real shame that Amazon video reviews don't support native hi def (and convert to Adobe Flash). (A bit disappointing for an innovative company like Amazon).

👆It's useful to have at least one finger nail that isn't cut too short - to open the battery cover.

💪The great thing is that you don't need a case for this! The camera IS the case. You don't need a lens cap. I dropped it a couple of times onto concrete and I was worried that the lens would scratch, with the result visible on new photos. I'm STUNNED by how resilient this is.

I actually think this is better than the more expensive WG-3 because it's so much easier to handle, especially one-handed. [🔗My review of the WG-3 is at http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2OQUV6XR77IHW/ ]

It's the perfect holiday camera, I absolutely love it. Until now, I've been using my iPhone camera, wondering why people even bother with dedicated cameras any more. The optical zoom on this is super ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This Pentax is now my preferred camera; I LOVE Pentax. ❤

I really don't pay much attention to the megapixel specs - bigger isn't necessarily better. I don't really care that the WG-3 is 16 MP where as this is only 14MP. My iPhone 4 camera is only 5 MP but it's performance in some daylight situations is excellent, and easily comparable.

[Add comment]