4.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use - and a wonderful sound, 23 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Sony Walkman NWZ-S639FB 16GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black (Electronics)
Believe it or not, but at the age of 60 plus this was my first ever portable music/video player so I approached its purchase with some trepidation and did a lot of research before deciding what to buy.

This NWZ-S639FB got excellent reviews and after using it for a few hours I can see - and hear - why.

First of all it is so easy to use - no more complicated than a modern mobile phone.

I did not bother at all with the bundled software apart from downloading the pdf user manual for easy reference.

Using Windows Media Player 11, it was almost literally a couple of mouse clicks and a few seconds to sync my laptop's music library (to which I had downloaded my first albums and songs) with the new Walkman.

I have read you can easily transfer individual albums and tracks from WMP 11 to the Walkman individually by "drag and drop" but for me it seems more convenient to do all the work inside WMP and then simply keep the Walkman in sync.

This approach may change once I have bult up a sizeable music library/video library and have to be more selective.

I have found the Walkman extremely easy to use - navigating through the various options and making selections is quick and convenient. Surprisingly so for some-one like myself with no previous experience of portable media players.

As far as the all-important sound quality is concerned, I am amazed. To be honest I am not much of an audiophile but the Walkman S639 sounds truly fantastic to me. I had thought that my Roberts radio and my Acer Aspire 5920G laptop with Dolby Virtual Surround System produced a reasonable sound but the quality of this Walkman is on a much higher level.

All in all I am delighted with this purchase and would strongly the Sony NWZ-S639FB to others, especially those who, like me, are not willing to pay a premium for the Apple name or styling.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]