4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Blu Ray Boxset, 20 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1-2 [Blu-ray] [2009] (Blu-ray)
If your watching or intend in watching this series you dont need me to write about its story, you would already know of it. From what I gather the plug was pulled at the end of series 2 so I wouldnt be holding my breath for series 3. So I will instead review the Blu Ray boxset.

Firstly as another reviewer mentioned the slip case is tight as. You cant remove the 2 cases from within. The only way I was able to was to open the other end trying very hard not to tear it and push cases from one end while pulling from the other. Whoever designed the content layout for series 1 did a big boo boo with no episode selection, also no episodes are named. It basically plays all the way through the discs. Then you discover theres an extended version of episode 7 'The Demon Hand'. Only that the full extended version lacks background sound and a few green screens. So I watched it all taking note of what the extra scenes are which was no way of watching an episode. I then noted the extra scenes available, only to discover when done that those extra scenes appear seperately on the extras menu ie waste of time watching the extended episode. Also unlike season 2 there is no booklet to guide you through the series. The are 3 discs for Series 1. Subtitles available are: English, French & Latin Spanish. There is no marking as Region B, but do your own research whether region free.

Outer slip case says 9 discs but fact is there are only 8 discs and so its a printing error. All in all they did a bit of a mess with this boxset, but if you like the materiel as I do, you will make do, flaws and all.

Season 2's first disc has a couple of playback faults throughout the disc as previous reviewers mentioned. It hung a few times then continued a few seconds later and had some fuzzy picture that lasted a second. True to say if the procuction house knows of these flaws yet to date have not done anything about them is irresponsible imho. See "Comments" below review for information how to get faulty disc replaced.

Season 2 at least has a booklet. Subtitles are: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish & French. Besides the first disc of season 2 all the others had no playback issues. Of course after viewing the last episode expect to be pretty dissapointed that theres no further season. In fact I find it hard to understand why they pulled the plug. They had so much materiel to work with and could have been another BSG or B5. A real pity considering how so much rubbish goes on and on really deserving to be pulled, yet this one didnt seem to have much faith by Warner or whoever is responsible. I can only hope somehow they will wake up to themselves but I wont be holding my breath.

Oh and dont forget to watch the gag reel after your done with season 2, it is really good, I repeat it is really good. Dont miss it.

Oh and finally, yes the Blu Ray quality is excellent and would normally have awarded 5 stars but for flaws indicated will have to drop a star. Ok done and dusted. Now its your turn to watch, its still worth it.

If you have found any of my words useful to you at all, please vote on it. Thanks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Sep 2011 01:44:15 BDT
Paul Moran says:
Warner Bros will replace the faulty Season 2 disc 1. Got mine in September 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2011 04:37:04 BDT
Volvi says:
Did Amazon organise that or you did with Warner, if so please provide details to whom to apply to. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2011 08:15:37 BDT
Paul Moran says:
Here's the review I submitted yesterday on the Season 2 page. Amazon rejected my first attempt.

"I enjoyed the series immensely, but I was very annoyed by the faulty disc 1 in the Season 2 blu-ray edition (video faults at approx 8m 33s and 33m37s during Episode 1). I sent the first set straight back to Indigo Starfish for replacement (August 2011), and they sent me another set with the same fault!

After googling revealed a widespread problem, plus a promise of replacement discs in Australia/New Zealand, I decided to contact Warner Bros direct, via their UK website. They promptly sent me a Freepost envelope to return the faulty disc, and about a week later I received a fault-free disc 1. The whole process took less than 2 weeks from first contact (3 Sept - 15 Sept 2011)."

Click on the UK PRODUCT ENQUIRIES tab at bottom right of WB UK homepage, then use the email enquiry form which should appear.

I'm happy to provide further info if required, but I will be offline for the next 14 hours (approx).

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2011 08:53:26 BDT
Volvi says:
Thanks for that Paul. The email address the site points to is: WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com I doubt caps or not matters.

Posted on 27 Oct 2011 03:34:40 BDT
Volvi says:
Got my replacement disc today. Havent checked it out as yet. My initial enquiry to above link got me transferred to another source for handling, perhaps because I am in Australia. Anyway got my disc from Simone Allen - Davies Production Manager of Warner Bros. Australia Her Tel:61 2 9495 3121 Email:simone.allen-davies@warnerbros.com

Hope this helps anyone wanting to replace their Disc 1 Series 2.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2011 01:07:55 GMT
Stepy says:
Is this only for Australia/New Zealand customers ?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2011 01:42:10 GMT
Volvi says:
I would guess so as rep is in Oz. For all other countries I reckon should first try email as a/m - WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com I doubt caps or not matters.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2011 18:12:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Nov 2011 00:22:33 GMT
Stepy says:
Send an email to WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com, awaitng reply....... (28th Nov.) still waiting..........

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 03:53:09 BDT
Any luck with the disc?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2013 00:21:46 GMT
Still waiting....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (63 customer reviews)

£69.99 £19.87