ARRAY(0xafa855bc)

1.0 out of 5 stars Déja Vu, 29 May 2008
This review is from: MOS Chilled 1991-2008 (Audio CD)
Firstly, allow me to apologise for not actually submitting so much a review of this triple pack audio offering to the public, but more a question to the powers that be at M.O.S., should any of them be reading this.
There are some very nice tracks on these three C.D's. Very nice indeed.
I've been perusing my own personal back catalogue of 'chilled' mixes of tracks I've gathered over the years and many of these here are in there, up amongst my faves.
The quality of some of these tracks are flawless and complement any chilled situation without question.
Most people with any interest in this spectrum that is the commercial dance/chilled crossover genre of music will have no doubt heard/bought many of these tracks before, be it on countless other commpilations or individually on their own merit.
I'm not saying that the music on these C.D's isn't good, it is, but what I find so, so frustrating here is, that yet again M.O.S have churned out yet another triple packer with practically every track having already been featured on zillions of 'chill out' albums before.
It was only recently M.O.S did exactly the same thing with their triple 'Anthems' package.
Again, another 'churner' - with most of the tracks included having been re-packaged many times before, bettered before and mixed much better before on other compilations.(The mixing on many M.O.S C.D's leave a lot to be desired)
Here's a quote from M.O.S's own website regarding this current offering -

"Following on from the half a million selling Anthems compilation Ministry Of Sound bring you its sister album `Chilled'."

Hmmm, quelle surprise! Didn't see that one coming did we?
Once upon a time M.O.S were fresh, innovative and dare I say it, pioneering; offering clubbers something to look forward to with each release they bestowed upon us. Nowadays, they appear (in my humble opinion) to be nothing more than a huge money making machine, caring very little about musical/artistic content while caring a great deal about their bank balance.
So, Mr/s Big Man/Woman at M.O.S - apart from feeling a burning desire to line your already bulging pockets.........
Why bother?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jun 2008 19:00:55 BDT
DE Pearson says:
Strongly agree, MOS should really be better than this by now, the hard work done, years ago now, to establish the brand has been done so they should now have the time and (we would hope) the inclination to deliver much more than this

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2008 21:17:34 BDT
Echoplex says:
Absolutely - 100%.

Posted on 4 Jun 2008 23:28:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2008 23:30:25 BDT
S. Jackson says:
OK I will agree with you, that sounds quite annoying, but some people (like me) aren't really 'veterens' of MOS, so it doesn't really bother me, I just want to listen to the music.

Also, if you want MOS to read it, tell them! You should find their e-mail... do you really think they will read every comment made about them on EVERY Shopping website? No. I do understand that you are commenting (fair enough), just don't expect MOS to see it...

Here you are, I found this, why not actually tell them, Guarranteed they will take note of a direct message:

Hope this has helped

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2008 09:52:46 BDT
Picard says:
Thanks for the email address K.Jackson - sent them a nice long essay! Hopefully if I keep Pasting this email to them they might get a hint. I wish :o(

Posted on 6 Jun 2008 11:10:26 BDT
I disagree.
I do like the fact there is a CD with all the old classics grouped together.
I would invest in this for my nostalgia and meditation.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2008 22:47:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jun 2008 22:48:59 BDT
Picard says:
But thats were you're wrong. They're not "classics" - they're just commercial songs either played on adverts hundreds of times, or slapped on previous M.o.S albums.

I've made some links to "real" chillout albums. These are quite literally chilled to the bone!

The Chillout Album: The Essential Late Night Mix

Chilled Euphoria

Difference is these contain tracks not just from the odd popular token choice, but from un-heard artists.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2008 19:30:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2008 19:33:04 BDT
Echoplex says:
Dear K.Jackson,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my review - appreciated.
However, why you stated (and I quote) - "do you really think they will read every comment made about them on EVERY Shopping website? No." - is a little puzzling to me.
Firstly, allow me to mention that I never once typed anything to suggest such a thing, so heaven knows where you plucked that little gem from.
Secondly, allow me to point out that I DID actually type that 'should any' of the powers that be in the M.O.S camp be reading this.....
I typed this for a very good reason. Someone I know very well USED to work for M.O.S and often mentioned that part of their work was EXACTLY to read reviews of their releases on various websites across the net (Amazon included) in order to gain general feedback that wasn't sent directly to their camp.
Knowing this to be true, I can quite possibly conclude that there may be a very good chance of someone I intended seeing my review actually reading it.
As for mailing them directly, I have done many times. Response? None!!!
Once again, thank you for taking the time out to post comment and also submitting a contact address for people. Cheers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›