3.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Black Cartridge, Low Page Yield 3mls (Starter Cartridge), 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: HP 301 - Black Ink Cartridge (CH561EE) (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Nov 2011 17:10:31 GMT
Thank you so much for this info!! I use printing a lot being an art student and I've been struggling for months to find better value ink for my printer. I've always loathed having to pay more than the printer was worth in the first place to supply it with ink! I've ordered the 18ml cartridge off the site you recommended - I would never have found advantage-online otherwise- thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2011 13:16:03 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 11 Feb 2015 14:50:20 GMT]

Posted on 25 Jan 2012 15:18:06 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Jan 2012 15:57:05 GMT]

Posted on 2 Feb 2012 17:16:41 GMT
Thanks for your tip. Advantage Online is good, but findmysupplies is much cheaper. I recommend everyone compare prices before buying!

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 16:11:22 GMT
kingfisher says:
I respect and welcome Steven's post, but am slightly concerned. The HP301 colour is 9ml and costs £8.13, yet the HP301XL at 11ml, is £7.86 more for only an extra 2ml. Have I understood this right?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 18:51:04 GMT
Rather sneakily, HP doesn't reveal the capacity of the XL black and colour cartridges on their websites. However, I've just done some Googling and have found several other ink suppliers (non-HP) who say the HP301XL black holds 15ml and the HP301XL colour holds 18ml. As I said above, I got mine from Find My Supplies, although I expect the prices are constantly changing. You could try this link, which will present you with various suppliers and their prices (via HP): https://h30042.www3.hp.com/SureSupply/CountryChangeSubmit.action?nav#3

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 23:32:54 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 25 Feb 2012 10:39:06 GMT]

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 19:35:17 GMT
MHN says:
heres the levels ive found so i believe your info is wrong.

the ones that come with printers in the box have 1ml or 2ml max. you benefit from xl carts but if refilled you can pack a massive 20ml in these.
Since older printers have stopped being made the ink levels have halved on the newer ones. Older ones never had problems with refilled carts but the new ones are a pain and a half.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2012 18:30:35 GMT
I have looked at both sites and Find My supplies only stock Hp originals, Advantage online stock Hp originals plus British premium compatible 18ml black and 18ml colour cartridges. I have used both types in the last 8 months and have found the compatibles from advantage the best value.

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 23:31:23 GMT
LMYK says:
I wish i'd read this comment two days ago, I've managed to go through 2 301 cartridges in 2 days and not a particularly high volume of printing has been done! Very dissapointed with these cartridges!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,274 customer reviews)

£12.99 £8.96