ARRAY(0xb600d384)

2.0 out of 5 stars It will not please the fans, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Kindle Edition)
Let me begin by saying that I'm a huge fan of Mr. Martin and his work and that Tyrion Lannister is one of my all time favorite literary heroes. In fact I'd dare add that I didn't enjoy A Feast for Crows as much as I should for the simple reason that Tyrion was nowhere to be found.

However, having said that I just have to point out that in my opinion this book came out a few years too early. Since dear Tyrion is still alive and kicking I'm certain that he'd be able to grace us with many more of his witty remarks. Oh well, there's no use complaining about something that's already done.

Did this book make me smile? Yes it did, since it reminded me once again what is it that I like about this character. I should also say that the drawings also capture some of his persona as depicted in the TV series. But, yet again, there's not enough material in here to keep the fans happy.

Perhaps the next book published in this vein should be The Transformations of Arya Stark, who's not a lady but a wolf.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Nov 2013 13:43:59 GMT
Rob Collins says:
FFS - edit your comment now and make it obvious it contains spoilers. Idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2013 13:50:35 GMT
I am an idiot; that is a given. But I don't see any spoilers in this review since everyone who's ever read the books already knows that Tyrion is still alive. Maybe you don't, but that's your problem, not mine.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2013 14:16:21 GMT
Rob Collins says:
The definition of a spoiler is that you're giving away plot points to people who haven't read as far as you yet, including me. Stop being defensive, admit you're wrong and edit your review to indicate it contains spoilers.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013 13:38:42 GMT
Stop being defensive, admit you're a numptie.

Posted on 9 Nov 2013 20:31:46 GMT
Saint Frisky says:
Fortunately I have read all the books but people reading your review may not have. So you've just gone and spoilt the remaining books for them. Well done. Slow handclap.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.1 out of 5 stars (49 customer reviews)

2.99