1.0 out of 5 stars Mister Wilson, please put your solo albums on Spotify!, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) (Audio CD)
Since it appears that you read these Amazon reviews, I thought I would ask you to put your music on Spotify via this album review.
I'm a PT fan with 6 albums on CD and also an audiophile. Love going to gigs, went to 16 gigs in 2013.
I bought a Sony RX100 compact camera as it operates really well in non-flash mode and I really enjoy being able to take pics at the gigs so having a security person stopping me taking pics would be a big disappointment.
I don't put any pics or anything else on any website, not personally interested in Facebook, Twitter etc.
I buy on average 3 CD's a month BUT I got REALLY fed up with a 30-40% failure rate in the pre-Spotify days when I couldn't check out the album on Spotify. Post Spotify, I have purchased more albums and Spotify is great at suggesting music I might like so I listen to many of their suggestions which in turn has led to more CD album purchases.
You still with me, Mister Wilson?
I don't "approve" of websites that allow people to download music for nought, I feel artists are entitled to payment for their efforts, creativity and talent particularly as many of the less and much less established exist on very little income.
So Mister Wilson, why is your music not on Spotify? I won't buy albums I cannot listen to first so sadly I am unable to buy your solo albums. Sorry but that's the way it is.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jan 2014 15:39:17 GMT
The full album, as well as individual tracks are on You Tube-also promo videos from it,and live versions of the songs also-if that does not suit you,then you can hire the cd from your local Library,and listen to it that way before you buy it-also you can hear clips from all tracks on the cd on Amazon-what more do you want?It is an excellent album- i listen to it a lot..

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2014 16:47:58 GMT
chas.telson1 says:
Thanks, I will try You Tube but in this day and age, hiring the CD from my local library (closed today anyway) is surely a very out of date method of trying out an album. Are the You Tube tracks officially downloaded or can I expect the quality to be terrible?
Do you know why his solo albums are not on Spotify? Listening to a new group (for me) on Spotify as I type this.
Spotify is a fantastic music platform. Just about to purchase the album, on Amazon, I'm listening to on Spotify. Perhaps someone can persuade Steven Wilson that Spotify does more good than harm?

Posted on 16 Jan 2014 12:24:28 GMT
chas.telson1 says:
I have listened several times to the album but I didn't enjoy The Pin Drop & The Holy Drinker. I really liked the remaining tracks but this does not make it worth my buying the album. I will listen to the tracks I like again on YouTube.
But thanks to Spotify recommending Blackfield, I have bought the 1st Blackfield album!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›