3.0 out of 5 stars Denon AH-C360 Earphones, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Denon AH-C360 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The first thing to report is that sound quality of these earphones is superb, they really bring iPod music to life and I've used them on my PC as well. They come with a little zip up wallet if you feel the need to carry them separately.
There are however some "buts"...
The earphones plug very perfectly into the ears, which means that if you push them in fully when you are out and about, you are going to hear your footfalls, your breath and every creaking joint too. You also hear the movements of the cable too, especially if something rubs against it. To minimise the unwanted sound you have to carefully balanced the earphones so that they are not fully plugged into your ear, but that means that with an awkward cable length they are prone to getting pulled out on a regular basis.
The cable, which comes in two parts is distinctly niggley. The earphone part is almost exactly the wrong length; I'm not a tall person, but I can't put an iPod in my trouser/shorts pocket because the cable is too short, it doesn't easily sit out of the way on my desk at that length either. With the extension added, the cable is very much the wrong length and weight too; there's way too much cable and you have to support it with a little clip that they provide and that looks odd. If you wrap the excess cable round your iPod, you can't get to the screen.
These were fairly expensive earphones and although I'm very pleased with the sound quality, I'm really not impressed with the cabling, which is not well thought out.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Nov 2010 07:50:56 GMT
The reason the earphone part of the cable is short is because it's intended to be used with small mp3 players that can be clipped onto a t-shirt etc, or when an mp3 player is in a shirt pocket or strapped to a bicep with an armband as worn by some joggers. I do agree that the combined length however, is way too long. The earphone part of the cable could be lengthened by perhaps 1 or 2 inches, but the other bit should be halved.

Posted on 13 Oct 2011 05:52:30 BDT
Hi P. J. Meade,

The cabling bothered me at first too. I thought it was silly to have the cable in 2 halves, which resulted in one stupidly long cable. But I realised why they did this after a while. I believe that it saves you money in the long-term. After around 6 months, my second/adapter cable decided to give up on me. The cabling at the "L joint" must have broken inside or something because I couldn't get a signal unless I held that wire a certain way. Those short adapter cables cost 1 delivered on eBay, whereas replacement headphones cost a lot more. Had the cable been one single unit, I would have had to replace the entire thing. So, ultimately, I'm glad they did it this way. I even managed to find a shorted cable than the one that came with the headphones, so it worked out well.

I really recommend using the carry case. I used to wrap mine around my iPod and I believe this is what messed them up. It might take an extra 30 seconds or so but it's worth it. Also, I recommend applying a small amount of black duct tape just below each earpiece on the wire, as the shielding there is not the best.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (37 customer reviews)

Out of stock