5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 May 2013
This review is from: MaximalPower Rechargeable Replacement Li-ion Battery for Fuji/Fujifilm FinePix/Real 3D W1 Cameras (Electronics)
I got five of these, numbered them so I use it cyclically.

My only concern was output peak, average and deviation so I don't fry my camera. For 6 pounds I could not ask for miracles, only the minimum.

I have been monitoring the battery performance with a voltmeter and a simple setup to simulate work-discharge logging everything into a speadsheet, cycled each several times to see how they perform.

Regarding the output, aftermarket chargers overcharge the batteries slightly comparing to the original charger. They do perform longer after that.

Forcing the charge with a different source to reach 4.9V really improves the lifetime...but I don't recommend it. :)

Some basics specs:
Note that the camera input is rated at 5V, as long as the battery peak is under that it is totally safe.
This batteries maximum never passed 4.25V after charging on a third party charger.
This batteries tops 4.2V on the original charger.
The perceived performance is aprox. 10-20% longer than the original battery under my normal use.
Under use they are as stable as the original (note that my sample is only one original battery against five maximalpower).
This battery stored after full charge drops about 0.01V per day, so I am comfortable to carry only batteries and leave the charger home.
They do improve over cycles, however I had no patience to carry on with more cycles to see where it goes.

Another note, the original battery sometimes got very hot when intensively used. With this ones I never spotted the same issue. but I did nothing to analyse it more carefully.

To sum up, this product is awesome. Trust me, I am an engineer (researcher).

Update after 2 months: It seems that they got better, i.e. last longer after about 7 cycles each. Or maybe I just got better with the camera... but I do get more than 300 shots per charge easily, even shooting occasionally.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2013 23:48:42 BDT
ryan says:
Hi, I have been measuring the Volts from some 3rd party batteries i have. The volts of the battery out of the charger shows 00.3v on average. The genuine battery is the same.
I measured the volts whilst charging and the 3rd party ones hit 9.0V. The genuine has gone to 11V.

I am very new to multimeters and i hope I'm measuring this correctly. Please let me know

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 01:26:23 BDT
Alexander K. says:
Hi Ryan,

It seems that something is wrong with the measuring process. 0.3V is far too low and and the voltage during charging is not the battery voltage when discharging (working inside camera).

Maybe this helps: This is a DC (direct current, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_current), measurement of voltage must be done between positive and negative, ignore the middle ground (T symbol). You would use positive and ground for AC... and choose also the best multiplier, for 4.25 (probably 20 on your multimeter)

Hope this helps,
Alex

Posted on 3 Jul 2013 12:11:54 BDT
JC. says:
Excellent review! I purchased one after reading this, and am very happy with it.

Posted on 17 Aug 2013 19:18:51 BDT
Mr. Cs Henry says:
Really appreciate this review, nicely done. Made me purchase a few of these. Thank you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›