5.0 out of 5 stars Five star - except fpr the manual, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Toshiba RDXV60 3-in-1 DVD, HDD and VHS Recorder (Electronics)
I had a head start with this one as I previously owned the RDV48, which my daughter 'borrowed' when her Phillips recorder player broke down. As with daughters, the borrowing became permanent !!!
The RDVX60 is a few steps up from the 48 and it really is an excellent machine. It's a bit quirky with the constant need to verify your decisions. The term are you sure will become second nature to you. Better this way than mis hit a key and lose data.
The addition of the USB input is the icing on the cake as I can use my key fob 8Gb memcard to 'transport' picture and music files from my daughters PC/camera without the need to burn a disc.
The only downside is that damn manual. It does what it says but you need to interpret it clearly, but as I said at the beginning I had a head start with it's predecessors users guide.
My grandaughters have great fun recording their WII and PS3 movements to DVD through the various I/Ps, why I don't know but that's kids for you.
All in all I would fecommend this to anyone who wants a good DVD/VHS/recorder/player with a mass of functionality and features. I have started transferring my old VHS tapes to DVD at last and the one touch/walk away until it's done facility suits me fine.
The 320 GB hard disc is a bit OTT as I doubt I will fill that up in my lifetime. On the RDVX48 I actually recorded the entire last series of Robin of Sherwood in Hi def and had bags of space left. God only knows what to do with the extra capacity.
Nuff said.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Aug 2010 11:01:55 BDT
Great review - thanks. One question: do you know if you can copy a VHS directly onto the hard drive (not to a DVD) before you burn it onto a DVD? I want to do some editing before copying the content onto a DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2010 10:57:12 BDT
char_lesley says:
Put your VHS tape in machine at the position you want to copy from

Page 44 of the manual - SETUP then select DUBBING then select VCR-HDD then ENTER select recording mode EP etc

You will have to stop recording if the item you are copying is not at the end of the tape

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2010 20:31:36 BDT
truckerduck says:
Yes, you can record a vhs to the hardrive, as you can a dvd.

Posted on 4 Dec 2010 16:50:06 GMT
I want to copy a DVD to HDD and VCR but menu options are greyed out. I must be missing something in the manual. Can you assist please?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2011 09:30:00 BDT
If it greyed out, it means you cannot record at all and there no other way of completing this. i know it very frustrating when you pay 300 for something you was expecting it to do like i did.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2014 18:15:59 GMT
StormSworder says:
This review was written in 2010 when Toshiba DVD/VHS machines worked. They no longer work. I've had to return two in the past month. You have been warned.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (205 customer reviews)

359.00 299.99