5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking cans, 5 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone (Electronics)
I've been using a pair of AKG pro phones for probably 30 years now and finally decided to change so that I can watch TV while the wife is in bed without having to sit in the only seat in range of the cable. I looked at lots of reviews, some strange eg "I can't wear my headphones while I have guests because there's a delay which creates an echo if the speakers are on" - why? and some quite informative. Anyway I decided to go for the RS 170 based on some sensible comments and the fact that I also use Sennheiser in-ear for my mp3 player and know they make a good product. I haven't been disapointed. They are not exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for - up to a point of course. Sound quality is very good, reception is fine with no dead spots discovered so far. Interference/noise is non-existant. The only two niggles are, the volume is difficult to adjust on the phones - not a problem for me as I use a remote on the amp output instead, and they are snug fitting and not as comfortable as the AKGs. Having said that, I do have a big head and the AKGs have had a lot longer to become accustomed to it. So the short answer is buy them, I love them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jul 2011 13:37:03 BDT
Hello there mate,

You sound like you know what you're talking about. I have a question, if I may. :-)

I had a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones about 6 years ago, and they had an extremely irritating "feature" where they would automatically limit the volume when something loud was piped through them (explosions in movies etc.)
Could you please tell me if this is the case with these RS 170s?
I get the impression from tech specs that the RS 180s have a volume limiting thing, but I just want to make sure that the 170s don't.

Thank you very much.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2012 21:31:02 BDT
AndyLeysh says:
Check out the third paragraph James:

Thanks for being the first person I found to point out this hugely annoying 'feature', any luck on finding wireless cans without it?

Cheers,

Andy.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2012 10:16:01 BDT
Hiya, Mr. D Quinn, (Reviewer) & Andy-Leysh...

I have "very old neighbours" that are always complaining about my TV sound even though its not up loud *(not like they say it is anyways)* they are so ignorant & rude too.

I want to be civilized nevertheless, and I bought a pair of Panasonic RF headphones - here on Amazon UK and was blown away with the quality of sound from simple £42.00 - 'RF Wireless Cans'. They seem to be quite popular head in the top 10.

Anyways, every now and then throughout the day (NOT everyday but most)... I find myself having to adjust the radio frequency on these headphones, once or twice on Average, every other day, which can be annoying especially if your in the middle of watching a movie..you never know when they will hiss again, but the silver lining is I can re-tune them as quickly as I can again...

By the way, when they are working and I have a really good connection; "I could not tell I was waring RF Wireless headphones", they have spectacular sound reproduction, bass & trebble amazing, (very comfortable too) - I ask myself what have I been doing for years, the sound is so darn good and refreshing, I drift off into my own world. (fab)... walking around my home with MTV Going on the background, all in digital (Virgin Media TIVO RECEPTION).

In my quest for interference FREE sound, or the next best thing I'm wanting to spend whatever it takes (well within reason), to achieve the sound I get when my Panasonic RF speakers are behaving firing out beautiful sound, without interference, can you help me pick a decent set of "Sennheiser RS Headphones" - "Please" - As they only cost £42.00 and they are amazing when they work, just superb.

I have an LG 47 inch Smart TV with a Dolby True HD output... with I connect my receiver to.! its perhaps another reason the sound is so good.
However, to find a better pair like you guys are talking about and reviewing the Sennhieser RS 170's or 180's, surely they are in a different league altogether - so I will have comfort for long periods, (Most important) and also... A Digital tuner that stays tuned in- something that's razor sharp if you understand where I'm coming from, and when one spends in access of £150.00 Quid you would expect Cans that give you no hassle only pure musical bliss.. Please help me if you can. appreciated if you can (anyone) who uses these Headphones at Home please, help me find something suitable.

Im genuine, please look at my profile and reviews, I'm an amazon Prime member, and shop online frequent - shopaholic...

I'm kind of thinking that Sennhieser Headphones are some of the best if not the best in the world. (In my humble opinion) but need someones experience in using the RF Wireless type.. (Whom appreciates quality). surely if I spend well over 100 quid - even over £150 (I'm surely going to get a better transmitters, and also better cans..

A whole better package without having to spend on an AMP and more expensive gear. Just It must be wireless so I can walk around my home not giving my my neighbours an excuse to have a beef.

I think from what Ive written you know what Im looking for.. cheers! you Guys.!! =)

Thanks in Advance, David..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (250 customer reviews)

£199.99 £144.32