4.0 out of 5 stars A Looker Cooker, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sharp 25 Litre Dual Grill Combination Microwave, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Since I already own a decent Panasonic combination microwave oven I deliberated for a long time before buying the Sharp. When it dropped in price by £11.00 recently I decided to buy. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the box and discovered two large dents on top of the oven. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and this is the first return I have had to make. Things moved on and I quickly received a replacement oven in due course. I was drawn to this particular model because of its ability to cook crisp skin baked potatoes. The instruction book does not explain how to achieve this, so you have to read the instructions carefully and work out from other comments how to cook the perfect crisp skin baked potato and this is what you do:select grill/combi, press 4 times for C-1 setting, place the potato on the turntable and cook for approximately 18- 20 minutes turning the potato half way through. It's as simple as that. No need to use the rack. It's also a good looking oven: a looker cooker. I rated the item 4 stars and not 5 because the instruction book is a bit mean. The Panasonic instruction book is full of recipes. Your best option if stuck is to buy a book on micro-combi cooking.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Mar 2014 10:38:28 GMT
S F PALMER says:
I have a sharp microwave that does the most excellent jacket potatoes, however is no longer available for purchase, only spare parts. I want to purchase another microwave for my daughter and it is very important that I get one that cooks a jacket potato as well as mine. Can you tell me how you do it with this microwave?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 09:46:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Mar 2014 22:12:57 GMT
Jackson says:
Select grill/combi, press 4 times for C-1 setting and cook for approximately 18 minutes turning the potato half way. It's as simple as that. No need to use the rack. It's also a good looking oven. Whether it is as good as your own oven I cannot say but the fact that they are both Sharp ovens should allay your fears.

Posted on 29 Nov 2014 12:08:20 GMT
Charlie says:
Good review. I agree about the instruction manual which seems to just tell you what buttons do. For example it tells me how to switch on the top grill, the bottom grill, both grills simultaneously but it does not say if the bottom grill is to be used without the turntable. I can only imagine using the dual grill to toast bread on both sides simultaneously using the raised rack, but cheese and crumbs are obviously going to drop down on the heating elements of the bottom grill, plus get under them and between them. Sounds like a mission to clean. It makes no sense without guidance and the instruction manual offers no guidance.

The Entry Dial seems to do the same things as pressing some buttons a set number of times, selecting Microwave power for example and this just convolutes actions which should be a breeze to do.

I am not a techie, I have a washing machine/Tumble Dryer combi and after 4 years I still do not know how to use the dryer or the timer to have the washing machine start after a set delay. Now I have a microwave I bought because it has dual grills and I only know how to use one because the instruction manual does not tell me how.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›