5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little Netbook, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Asus Eee PC 1011PX 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N570 1.66 GHz, RAM 1GB, HDD 320GB, Windows 7 Starter) - Black (Personal Computers)
Had more or less deciced on an Asus netbook before I bought from Amazon. That was based on the Asus reviewed as the leader in the netbook market. That may not be the case now though. I would not be known as a spur of the moment buyer and was reviewing for a couple of months.

I found it hard to get the exact components in this netbook e.g. does it have bluetooth and what size is the battery, on the Amazon site. The Amazon description and Technical details have now being updated and are much better. Of course my local Currys also stock this netbook now and it's easy to find the details. By the way the price in Curry's is the same as I paid Amazon but I would still go with Amazon as their backup service is reported to be excellent. A process I have not had to use may I add.

Anyway it a nice and compact netbook. A little heavy with the battery as someone else pointed out. Battery life is excellent, 6hr+.

I kept the 1GB ram. It works well as long as you remember to keep the applications closed when not in use. Don't know if the 2gb would make any difference. It can be a little slow booting up but that's ok. This model does NOT have bluetooth (Asus 1015PX does and with 3hrs extra battery is the only difference with this one for £17 extra) and the battery is a 6 cell 48w/hr as now in the product description.

The camera is great with skype and the audio is fine for me.

The keyboard is nice and smooth to the touch and the mouse pad is very responsive and not what I call "jumpy" like my dell laptop. A case for using a seperate mouse.

I am glad I went for the 320Gb HD. The HD is partioned into 2 x 160GB drives. Don't know the reason for that. Maybe 20/30gb for systems and programs and the rest for storage would have been better.

I also bought the Belkin Neoprene Sleeve for Netbooks up to 10.2-Inch Jet/Cabernet
and it suits this netbook. It may not be thick enough to stop damage from a fall but its great for carrying.

Very impressed with the postage time to Ireland and it was well packaged.

I really like Amazon when the price is right. I am a returing cutomer...

[Add comment]