10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Excellent Mini Camcorder,
This review is from: Flip Mino HD Camcorder with 4GB Internal Memory and Widescreen - Black (Electronics)
Within the design constraints that Flip have set for themselves, this is an excellent camcorder but it does have some limitations which you need to weigh up before deciding whether to purchase this or a more expensive full sized camcorder.
1. Tiny and light weight
2. Video quality is excellent at 720p HD
3. Sound quality is good, though not perfect
4. Software is built into the device (it installs when you first connect via USB) and easy to use.
5. Simple upload to sites such as Youtube
6. Basic video editing software provided for either making a movie or creating a DVD
1. Only charges via a USB port (giving around 2 hours use)
2. The 4GB memory is not expandable so you are limited to around an hour recording before you need to dock at a computer to clear it down
3. Because of its size and shape the video can tend to be a little shaky, so using something like the Gorillapod tripod gives a great improvement.
4. The zoom facility isn't really worth using as it does very little.
It has the feel of a camera design for taking snapshots rather than high quality film - think of it in terms of a compact camera versus a DSLR.
It is great fun to use though and being so small you can carry it around in your pocket to capture moments that would be too much bother with a full sized camcorder.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jan 2010 15:39:42 GMT
David Glasgow says:
8GB HD version can be bought...
I thought you were doing a lot of unnecessary cherry picking. (sorry)
In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2010 08:45:34 GMT
First of all, thank you for leaving a comment on my review.
At the time of reviewing, the 8GB version hadn't been released; so looking at it now it does look like a better purchase considering the very small price difference, double the memory and the addition of a HDMI port.
I would still stick with my review of this product though and having shot possibly hundreds of hours of video, I still love it. Only once or twice has the 4GB memory become an issue - usually the battery gets low before I run out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›