5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 CL11 RAM, 8 April 2013
This review is from: HyperX 10th Anniversary Series 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM Memory Module (Pack of 4) (Personal Computers)
Excellent product, easily fitted and low-profile so doesn't get near the heatsink/liquid cooler on LGA2011 socket MSI motherboard. Will be purchasing another 16gb for 32gb total soon. Not tried overclocking yet but will when 32gb on board. Highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jun 2013 18:06:28 BDT
Canopus72 says:
Hi. Did you manage to clock all 16GB to the full 2400MHz?. Have you had any issues with your ram?. Yesterday, I purchased this 16GB set from Dabs, for £100 whilst it was on special offer over the weekend, to replace my 16GB of Kingston Predator Hyper-X 2400MHz (4x4GB) ram set (KHX24C11T2K2/8X). For some reason, only 8GB (2x4GB) of my current RAM can get clocked to 2400MHz. If I add the other 8GB (other 2 modules), my Asus crosshair V Formula Z motherboard will not clock all 16GB to 2400MHz. The highest it will go is 2133MHz, even though the Z is able to take 32GB of 2400MHz (according to specs sheet!). Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2013 20:45:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2013 20:49:42 BDT
Gary Bell says:
Hi, thanks for your reply. I haven't bought my second 16gb yet so still running my 16gb@1600mhz, no problems with it at all so far. Will update when 2nd 16gb installed. Not sure why your Asus board won't allow you to clock it over 2133mhz, my board is an MSI GD45 8D, Intel chipset with 2 MSI GTX660ti GPU's in SLI. Have had no stability issues with either RAM or GPU's. No experience of crossfire setups I'm afraid. Hope you get it sorted. Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 08:37:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2013 08:37:46 BDT
Canopus72 says:
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I checked reviews on USA Amazon for KHX24C11T2K2/8X. It turns out there can be compatibility issues with motherboards. Also, my current RAM is not on compatibility list for my formula Z. However, the Kingston KHX24C11K4/16X (CAS 11-13-13-30 @ 1.65V) is on my motherboard compatibility list. Your KHX24C11X3K4/16X is virtually identical, so I am feeling confident that everything should be hunky dory. BTW, why have you not clocked your RAM to either 2133MHz or 2400MHz?.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 09:35:09 BDT
Gary Bell says:
With any luck it should work for you, I'm happy with them so far. I haven't clocked any of my components yet, cpu is an Intel I-7 3820, I've got excellent overclocking software from MSI, will clock RAM when I get the other 16gb. Wish I'd seen the Dabs offer, price on Amazon is up by £30! Good luck at your end.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 11:01:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2013 11:02:50 BDT
Canopus72 says:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this time the RAM will work great, although I am not sure what X3 moniker stands for (KHX24C11X3K4/16X). I am lucky I saw the Dabs offer when I did, because the price has now gone up to £150. I take it you paid £105 for your RAM when you purchased it on 08/04/13?. I don't know why RAM prices are so much, but it is annoying. Your cpu is damn expensive (£234.50). So far I have had 6 intel rigs, then in October 2011 I switched over to bulldozer FX-8150 (and gigabyte UD7 990FX mobo). I now have Asus formula Z mobo and FX-8350. The beauty with AMD rigs is that the mobo is backwards and forwards compatible with any cpu. With intel, if you want to get a better cpu then you have to get a new mobo too. Also intel are phasing out LGA 1155 (replacing with 1150). If you are interested, I wrote a review for FX-8150 here on Amazon. Its the long winded but very detailed one. The FX-8350 is 15% faster, so I am very happy.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 11:36:26 BDT
Gary Bell says:
Yes I paid £105 for my original 16gb, ram prices up by quite a bit now, will probably wait till they drop again before I get the 2nd lot! I've always had Intel cpu's, no experience with AMD at all. Using Socket 2011 so should get some degree of future-proofing with it. Going to work now, will have a look at your FX-8150 review when I have more time. Cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2013 22:17:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jun 2013 22:20:38 BDT
Canopus72 says:
I got my new RAM along with my Akasa voodoo medusa cpu cooler. Been testing cooler over the weekend and to be honest, not impressed. My A30 is better. I had to buy low profile RAM because Akasa cooler was so big. I was going to send RAM back to Dabs but I remembered you want to buy another 16GB kit. You can have it for £100 including p+p. I tested this ram and it works perfectly @ 2400MHz (FX-8350 and Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard). I will also give you the original purchase invoice for warranty purpose. I am going back to my previous setup (A30 cooler and 16GB high profile Kingston Predator Hyper-X RAM @2400MHz). Let me know if you want to buy. Otherwise I will send back to Dabs.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2013 08:09:46 BDT
Gary Bell says:
Hi, sorry haven't got back to you, was on holiday. Glad you got sorted in the end. Thank you for offer of RAM, but wife bought me the second 16gb for my birthday! Haven't oc'd it yet, will do when get time.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2013 08:36:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2013 08:38:40 BDT
Canopus72 says:
No worries. I sent it back to Dabs. I also sent the Akasa medusa back to Amazon. I suppose it was a blessing in disguise because Nvidia released their new 780GTX and that is a gfx card I really want!.

BTW, I have a brand new, boxed Akasa Venom toxic black full atx gaming case. Ordered from Amazon Germany (not available in UK except overclockers for £123). I was choosing between this and storm trooper (I went for storm trooper because I wasn't too keen on snake motif on Akasa case). If I send back to Germany, not freepost. If you know anyone who wants a top gaming case, pls let me know. They can have it for £100 (and I will give original purchase invoice for warranty purpose). Thanks. Hope you had a good holiday!.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

5.0 out of 5 stars (2 customer reviews)

Reviewer