6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
Absolute steal for the money.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Trust 17966 Tytan 2.1 Speaker Set - UK Plug (Personal Computers)
Firstly I don't ever really write reviews, but I felt after owning these speakers a while the time had come to really let buyers know just how good these are (and no i dont work for the company). Any negative reviewers must be crazy, these are the real deal. This brand is not as well known as other major brands such as sony, logitech, bose, and so on, but don't let this put you off.
These speakers are a hidden gem...why? well a variety of reasons.
1. The sound quality is incredible, you will hear every detail in the music and feel surrounded by it, to the point where you have to remind yourself this is only a 2.1 setup.
2. The bass response from the tweeters in the speakers and the subwoofer itself is absolutely incredible, this thing has seriously punchy and deep bass, which shakes the floor and penetrates through walls with ease. This will annoy the hell out of your flatmates/neighbours as I have found out myself, so if your into deep house/electronic/drum and bass or any other bassy music you have been warned!
3. They are well built, despite the speakers being plastic and the subwoofer being made from wood I have constantly bumped them with no bad effects.
4. Aesthetically they look slick and the modern design is nice to look at, as is the silver trust badge on the subwoofer.
5. They have one main volume control which can be seen in the picture, which slides clockwise and counter clockwise increasing and decreasing the volume. This feels sturdy and very nice to use and has rubber beneath it so it doesn't move around on the surface you are using it on. Overall it is very handy for adjusting the volume on the fly, especially when the neighbours are just about to call the police and you need to quickly turn it down.
6. They are versatile thanks to the volume controls on the subwoofer itself which adjust the volume of the bass and the treble volume. Although these speakers can be very well suited to bass heavy songs, for someone who prefers more chilled out music there will be no problem using these, just adjust the bass and treble accordingly.
7. You get way more than you pay for, and I mean way more. I have a friend who recently purchased a set of 2.1 harmann kardon speakers which set him back £140. They looked very cool yes, however when listening to them I honestly could not tell the difference between his and mine, in fact I think these speakers actually edge them slightly in terms of sound quality and bass. Sounds ridiculous I know, but It just goes to show that sometimes you are in fact paying premiums purely for the brand name.
1. The bass can be a bit too overpowering for some songs, this can be adjusted via the bass control on the subwoofer however.
2. One of the speakers had a slight rattle when the volume was turned up. I fixed this by placing a hairband around the speaker which strangely worked and it rattles no more.
Amazing speakers for the price, the sound quality is top notch as is the bass, the aesthetics are pleasing to look at and the build quality is fairly rugged. You would be very lucky to find speakers in this price range of a similar quality, I'm not sure they even exist to be honest.