1.0 out of 5 stars Important Information Missing!, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Skinny Hot Air Fryer Cookbook: Delicious & Simple Meals For Your Hot Air Fryer: Discover The Healthier Way To Fry! (Kindle Edition)
I recently have purchased the Philip's Airfryer and wanted some support recipes.

I downloaded the Kindle version and I am very disappointed with it. The Philips Airfryer has temperature settings and the recipes do not tell you what temperature to set!

The recipes should have been tested to specific temperature settings and may be different from Manufacturers temperature guidelines.

Whilst the Kindle version is not expensive it is not fit for purpose and does not give precise information needed.

How can you publish a cookbook without temperature settings? It is known that the Airfryer DOES have the facility to set precise temperatures so why are they missing!?!?

I cannot find a link to contact Cooknation to give them my direct unhappy feedback.

I hope Amazon or Cooknation respond to this review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jul 2014 10:02:47 BDT
On behalf of CookNation thank you for purchasing the Skinny Hot Airfryer Cookbook. We are sorry you are not satisfied with the book.

This item is a collection of recipes for use with a number of different airfryers rather than one specific model - many of which do not have a temperature control setting.

The assumption is that this book would be used in conjunction with the individual manufacturer's instruction manual to ensure correct cooking practices.

However, to clarify: all recipes should be cooked at 180C/350F in any airfryer with a variable temperature control.

We hope this is helpful to you. If not, we are very happy to refund your item via Amazon through the normal channels.

Thank you for your comments. Consumer satisfaction is very important to us and we are always very happy to hear from our customers.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2015 14:13:55 GMT
NM UK says:
Hi,

For some reason I have not had an alert that you responded to my review regarding the disappointment I had with your Skinny Hot Air Fryer Cookbook.

I did tick the box to receive email if any new posts were made with regard to my review but have not heard anything. I found your response my accident today.

I am still unhappy with my purchase and if you want to refund me then it would be appreciated. If it is too late to arrange that then it does not matter.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my review and glad that Consumer satisfaction is important to you.

However, I still maintain that temperatures should be given as an additional instruction if you have an air fryer with a variable temperature option.

I have been experimenting with lots of recipes myself since writing my review and the differences to the 'end result' at temperatures above and below 180C/350F are enormous.

I feel the book should have recognised this and tested recipes on each air fryer independently to obtain optimum results whichever air fryer is used.

Kind Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2015 17:13:53 BDT
Mrs X says:
So buy a book relevant to your make. They have offered to refund and you are STILL whining.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2015 22:50:42 BDT
NM UK says:
The book I purchased on the online description did not exclude the model/type of air fryer I purchased. In the event of anyone else being dissatisfied with the book I can also confirm despite the offer of a refund this has not been forthcoming. In the first instance my review was not about the wasted money and the disappointment I experienced but moreover to alert anyone else considering purchasing this book hoping to excelerate their learning in what temperatures to use with specific recipes to obtain optimum results. This book does not deliver the information needed as it does not state specific temperatures and I would re iterate it does not state in the description do not purchase this book for temperature controlled air fryer models/type. The purpose of being able to leave a review positive/negative is to alert prospective purchasers of any good/bad points - which was the reason I left the review I did.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›