3.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work for me :(, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Neet® - HDMI Extender over / Cat5e / Cat6 / RJ45 network cable - BALUN - 480p (60m) / 1080p Full HD (30m)** Plus 2 x 0.5m Neet Blackline High Speed HDMI cables ** (Electronics)
Before I start to write this review, I want you to know I have enjoyed other various neet products with NO issues whatsoever, I like the brand, value their product and their support in helping me trying and find the issue was the BEST support I have received from a supplier. The support was very quick, was not hesitant to send items out for me to test, and helped me finally establish the fault. If Kept the product as I will update the tv in the future and purely based on their customer service.

When I received the HDMI extenders (next day as norm from these guys) I invested in 2 lengths of 30m Cat 6 cable. Unfortunately, upon testing I found that the Toshiba Regaza 37x3030db tv would not accept the signal from the extenders.... however my Sony Bravia worked fine.....

I tested my netbook over the cat 6 cables and everything worked fine too and in reverse to my Sony tv there where no issues, just an issue to this SPECIFIC Toshiba Tv. (37X3030DB).
(The best signal I could get was 1080i on my sony tv, which I partly put down to the cables...)

In the end I bought a Cable-Tex 30m (yes that is 30metres) HDMI Cable with an active extender /repeater for £55 from Amazon, which was cheaper at the time than buying the hdmi extenders and 2x 30m cat6 cables and have not experienced any issues or drop in quality...

A bit of a shame as I want to support Neet, and Like I mentioned the customer care is superb, however it just did not work with this specific model of tv...

(Of course I used a Neet Hdmi Splitter to split my sky signal to the cable-text cable!)

so 3* for customer service, but nothing for the product on this occassion.

I have spoken to neet and there are 1000's of tv's it works with, just not my toshiba model :(

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Dec 2011 12:02:19 GMT
Hi there, do you know why your Toshiba wasn't supported? I have a Toshiba (diferent model) and was looking to do the same setup as you - but I'm worried mine won't be supported either!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 12:29:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2011 12:37:14 GMT
C. Waters says:
Hi

Sorry I do not know why the tv was not supported.

Neet where extremely helpful in trying to track the fault down but in the end it had to be the tv / hdmi port on that specific model.

Neet stated that many other toshiba tv's did work.

I'm guessing it could be something to do with Hdmi and DRM protecting signals, etc.

In the end I bought this, which I have never had a problem with (in fact I'll be getting another one For my 360 to stream from as well)

Cable-Tex HDMI Cable With Active Extender Repeater 1080p 30m

it worked out Cheaper for me at the time, as it was cheaper to buy the cable-tex hdmi cable than a balun and 2xcat6 cables...
(note: if you buy the cabletex hdmi cable, there is a right way and wrong way to plug it in, check before you do (so the repeater works correctly!)

I also bought an IR sender /receiver to user in conjunction here's a link to them too:
MARMITEK POWERMID TRANSMITTER UNIT (ONLY)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 16:20:13 GMT
Thank you for the detailed response!! I wonder if its an 'issue' with this particular product, or if Toshiba have an issue with all HDMI Extenders. A long HDMI cable would be best, but as I need to go outside, the hole I'd have to drill in the wall would need to be pretty sizeable to fit the HDMI connector end through. Hummmm. If only Sky Multiroom wasn't such a ripoff!

Posted on 19 Jan 2014 17:02:38 GMT
ballie says:
If you were sending a sky signal you would only get a 1080i signal as this is all sky transmits at.

Posted on 24 Jan 2014 04:30:38 GMT
I must say I am extremely impressed at your review of this product and did not down rate this due to an incompatibility with your specific model and chose to give a fair review, most people just 1 star products and bash it.

However I have purchased a Neet product previously and through an incompatibility it failed to work as intended for an unknown reason that could not be discovered but the manufacturer did refund price for product which in my books they got massive props for and I have great respect for this company.

I was interested in purchasing something like this but due to your specific case I would like to ask that in your dealings with this company do you know if they provide a compatibility list so I can check before making a purchase and having to deal with any matters concerning any incompatibility.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2014 07:17:42 GMT
C. Waters says:
Hi,

Many thanks for your comment and feedback. I do not think they provide a compatibility list, however from what I can recall it's less than 1% that may not be compatible, and in this instance the very model I had.

I'm sure you will be fine, as my case was very rare.

As I was going through troubleshooting, they were extremely helpful, and sent various bits of "kit" to test to ensure my TV could receive a signal, something other companies do not, it was above the norm and exceptional service. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Neet (btw my set are still in a draw as I was so impressed with their service I didn't want to cost them a sale!). As you will see the majority of people here it works perfectly for.

For me, I'm now quite happy using my 30m hdmi cable now and wouldn't go back as it just works for me. A top tip would be if you are cabling, make sure you also get some coaxial cable, for the "magic eye" for remote control if needed rather than revisiting it in the future! As I forgot mine and couldn't be bothered to re cable the coaxial, I used the Marmitek Wireless IR but it wasn't stable enough so I went for "I.R Sender" which I can send from anywhere on my home network

Hope it helps, I'm sure you will be fine, I'm sure if you contact them via Amazon, they will have an idea if it has happened before to what model you are sending it to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›