5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling and terrifying!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Cold Killing (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 1) (Di Sean Corrigan 1) (Hardcover)
In the last half-year I've started reading more crime books and really enjoying them, and so even though I'm rather new to the genre, I was very excited about starting this!

DI Sean Corrigan is different from other detectives. Having suffered terrible trauma in his childhood, Sean's dark past has enabled him to identify darkness in others, giving him an advantage as he has an insight into the criminal mind. With Sean's ability to think like a criminal, he is soon on the trail of a killer, but will Sean be able to stop the killer before it is too late?

This was AMAZING! I didn't want put this book down, I took to carrying it everywhere with me in case I had a spare minute in between chores and outings to read a few more pages. I even sat up until 3am one night desperate to know what would happen next - though that night I did have to sleep with the light on - after reading a particularly chilling chapter there was no way I was sleeping in the dark!

Cold Killing is seriously fast paced, from the beginning it feels as though you are dropped right into the action, and the pace moved along at a pace that left me breathless, on the edge of my seat and rushing to the next part!

This is a very well-written book. Luke Delaney makes all of the characters believable, and the characters have such a strong presence about them that I almost felt as though I was in the scenes myself standing next to them. The characters have the right mix, they are mysterious, have dark sides, and put me a bit on edge, but that didn't stop me reading! In fact, my curiosity about the characters only made me more absorbed in the story.

I don't want to spoil the plot line, because I genuinely think it's best to go in not knowing much, and let your thoughts unravel as the story progresses. What I will say is that Cold Killing is fast, it is thrilling, it is terrifying and it will have you looking over your shoulder! A brilliant novel.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]