104 of 106 people found the following review helpful
HTC Legend Vs HTC Desire,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: HTC Desire Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha (discontinued by manufacturer) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Right.. before all, I have to say that if you even thinking about going for HTC Hero, you shouldn't read this post... Even though Hero is good, but it is OLD and very OVERPRICED!
I've had used Legend for about 3 weeks. As a matter of fact, it is in my other room (waiting to be returned and refunded). I am now using the HTC Desire and am planning to keep it for the next year or so.
The price difference between a Desire and a Legend about 20-30 quid... but this is what you'll get:
HTC Legend has these:
* 3.2" Screen - not properly calibrated and QWERTY keyboard does not work properly because of that...or maybe I have fat fingers :S
* 320 X 480 HVGA Resolution
* 2GB SD card
* 600MHz CPU
* 384Mb RAM
* GSM and WiFi antenna is placed on the little black plastic on the bottom of the phone
* Camera is proper proper smooth, and when there is enough light, there is almost no lag between the real image, and the image displayed on the screen - Oh, its 5M pixel
* Optical Ball is not so accurate (this one... I can't have too fat a finger!)
HTC Desire features:
* 3.7" Screen - Screen is properly configured and calibrated. Screen is slightly more brighter in comparison to Legend. QWERTY is properly configured and is very reliable
* 480 X 800 WVGA - Screen is wider, and a higher resolution. Photos added to the widget (like the people's widget) display a much sharper image. Web-browsing is much much better.
* 4GB SD card (already inserted into the phone)
* 1GHz CPU - For those who say it doesn't make a difference, it actually does. HTC Legend is often laggy when you switch programs, or just simply switch from one homepage to another one or use one of the HTC widgets. HTC Desire is PROPER smooth, unless you use one of the animated backgrounds
* 576Mb RAM - Almost twice the RAM that you get with Legend. Legend lacks a LOT when a few programs run at the background. Desire is smooth. I have tried to run up to 21 background application, and there was just a 'tiny' bit lag when I tried to move around (21 applications!)
* GSM and WiFi antenna positions are unknown. But I definitely got better GSM connections, and my WiFi connection NEVER broke!
* Camera is a tad-bit laggy in comparison to Legend, but nothing that you should be worried about. This most probably is due to displaying the image on a bigger image.
* Optical ball is proper sensitive, and is very reliable.
* Speaker is a bit less louder than HTC Legend.
Up to now, I have had no problems with the phone at all. Internet browsing is much better than HTC Legend, and iPhone/iPod. Flash player is fine.
So I leave the ultimate comparison to you...
20quid more, and you get all that...worth it?
Hope this was useful.