1.0 out of 5 stars Was impressed at first - then it broke, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73230 Anti-Allergy Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This vacuum cleaner is not a let down, it has strong suction (it was pulling up the carpet for example but thankfully has a setting to adjust the suction.)
The vacuum can do various floor types and it seems quite happy with this, the machine is not small but not as big as our older upright dyson. The downside being with this style vacuum that it is not so tidy to store due to the attachments and tube/hose. The upside being it is lighter - albiet a bit smaller.
The tube extended to various heights so good for different height people using the machine, better for backs and the whole machine was reasonable light to carry, a little awkward due to the style machine of course. The quality felt very good and no replacements parts should be needed.
The canister has a good easy to empty funtion, and holds a reasonable amount.
the only real downside found was the hose did not go all the way up our very average size staircase, so seeing as you should only vacuum from the bottom of the stairs was not good for that job.
Over all impressed though.

EDIT- Had this vacuum a few months and it has been used about 4 times, (due to being a second vacuum), and this last time we used it, and it IS last time, it completely gave up the ghost! Just completely over! Very poor and so I am understandably changing my review to 1 star - the minimum. what a shame, I am letting you all know promptly.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Aug 2013 09:59:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2013 12:41:16 BDT
V. Holmes says:
This is my experience too. I liked it to start with, but don't touch it with a barge pole. Mine has had very little use too, and is just over a year old, and the motor has failed. I'm surprised as I've always found Morphy Richards a reliable make in the past. However, I have realised that I registered it for a five year guarantee, and Morphy Richards tell me that Amazon bought up the first two years of the guarantee and to approach them in the first instance, so that is what I have done. It remains to be seen what the outcome is.
The service was wonderful. I emailed Amazon and they put a replacement in the post immediately and it arrived next morning. As requested, I put the defunct cleaner in the packaging the new one arrived in and dropped it off at an Amazon parcels collection point. I even got a refund on postage (which I hesitate to mention as I didn't have to pay any postage). The new cleaner is working very well so far.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Thinker
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Location: Wiltshire