5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What hifi 5* award winner for a reason!, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Philips Fidelio M1BTBL/00 Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones Compatible with APT-X / ACC for Music / Phone Calls Blue (Electronics)
Stunning headphones. I'm a hifi enthusiast and I can't speak highly enough about these great headphones.
Bass is rich without being boomy, sounds so clear and open especially using Bluetooth, where i expected a loss of quality, which truly isn't the case. After listening to all types of music through these headphones, I can highly recommend them, especially with dance tracks. I really love the clever useful dial at the side of the right earpiece with all the adjustments I require to change volume and track amongst other things. Poor quality recordings sound exactly that, however, with high quality recordings these headphones really begin to sparkle. They fit well on the head, without feeling to heavy and are very comfy. I have worn them for 3 hours straight without feeling uncomfortable (your ears will get warm though) thats just par for the course really. After the first initial charge, they will last a good number of hours.
I have purchased a 5m lead which connects from my headphones to my hifi equipment which is great for listening to quality lossless cd playback through the jack on the CD player and other sources.
You know when you like a pair of headphones when you get to the stage of stopping critically examining them and start enjoying the sound they produce, which is a hard thing to come by these days.
I have had Philips hifi headphones before and will continue to buy from them if they keep producing quality products like this. Well done Philips!.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Nov 2013 12:27:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2013 12:27:45 GMT
Jerry says:
Hey there ! these have dropped in price to 138 quid.. Anyhow how is the bass on this ? I have read that some say its good while others say its not there ? I like hip hop n rnb. Would these be good ?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 01:52:16 GMT
As another happy customer who has had these headphones for a couple of weeks now, I thought I'd chip in and give my two cents... Lack of super-heavy bass might just be the one and only thing where these headphones are not the best choice. For everything else, I'd say buy these without a second thought, if another customer grabs the last pair from the shelf, just rip them out of his hands and run for the exit, God will forgive you. I've never owned a better pair of wireless headphones than these ones and I've owned quite a few over the years. The clarity and detail, especially in the mid-range, is simply phenomenal for a pair of wireless headphones. To get such sound quality delivered over a slow-ass Bluetooth connection is a little surreal to be honest, but I think much of it has to do with the quality of the earpieces themselves. Philips obviously opted for high-quality components, not the crappy components usually used in wireless headphones in order to keep the price down. The sound is neither tinny nor super-heavy in bass, it will appeal to most taste buds and music styles as it isn't too extreme in any direction. The bass is I'd say average, it does make its presence felt but it's not overly imposing. If you're used to feeling the bass resonate inside your eardrums you might get somewhat disappointed as it doesn't quite deliver that level of intensity. It all depends on how bad you need that super-heavy bass. To me, although I do like to have some bass in the mix, the mid-range is the most important aspect...

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 12:51:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Nov 2013 12:51:53 GMT
Jerry says:
Thanks for the information.. i was thinkin i can just eq to solve that.. I just hope there are no distortions .. I was thinking of using them in the gym .. do you know if they are a good fit on the head and not loose ? without sacrificing comfort ?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2013 02:19:21 GMT
While I haven't used them in workouts (and probably won't because my profuse sweating would probably ruin them), I do think these should work well in the gym. They exert noticeable but not extreme pressure on the ears and having that little bit of pressure on the ears means that they are not likely to spontaneously slide away from the ears like the overly comfy headphone types do when you make sudden moves with your head.

While the pressure isn't extreme, if you have somewhat sensitive ears then you might still need to rest them after longer sessions or readjust the earpieces away from overly sensitive skin. The padding of the earpieces is pretty basic, nothing too fancy like what you would find in a pair of home theater headphones. Different people have different sensitivity when it comes to extended wearing of headphones, to me it's never been a big issue since I'm used to constantly wearing headphones.

Posted on 26 Nov 2013 23:22:34 GMT
Dear Sharik,

Thank you for the informative review.

1. Can you, please, specify how long they will last on a single charge? I am interested in net hours, as well as subjectively how many days pass between two charges and with what kind of use?
2. I currently own the Sony MDR1RBT Wireless Bluetooth Prestige Headphones, which are more expensive, but are somewhat unpredictable as to sound quality. Can you compare the two?

Kind Regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 23:35:44 GMT
Hi Pavel, I had 30 hours before the next charge. Around 15 days to and from work (1 hour journey). Yes I find the the Sony md1rbt more comfortable than these, however the sound is better on the Philips, slightly more clarity and better all round bass. If you wear glasses the headphones will press against them, and become uncomfortable after an hours use. Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›