5.0 out of 5 stars So far impressed., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 630 4.5 inch, 8Gb, UK Sim Free Windows Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
I'm making the switch from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to this phone, everything about this phone is quality.

I was looking for a phone that operated quickly, had all the basics covered ( phone, text, email, camera, maps ) and had a decent battery life ( 1 day + ). The new Galaxy phones seemed to be loaded with gimmicks that I was not interested in; and I've never bought into Apple ecosystem.

In the end I bought a Nokia 630; and to be honest I'm totally impressed. Windows 8.1 is excellent OS, all basics are covered and work as expect. Typing on the onscreen keyboard works much better than the Android keyboard, text prediction seems to select the correct word with surprising accuracy (especially with my fat fingers). The phone has features you might expect in models that are much more expensive. For instance, Find My Phone for them times when you've misplaced it, Remote lock & Wipe as well for if it ever gets stolen. The camera works, the images are good.
For music lovers there is Nokia's Mix Radio, where you select several favorite artists and it will start playing songs from these artists and/or similar artists you might like. It's great for potentially discovering new bands you might not of heard of.

Lets talk about the Elephant in the room.. APPS.. Everybody told me how Windows 8.1 doesn't have the app support of the other two Android & Apple. Well if you counting the number of apps they would be right, but how many silly noise apps do you need in your life?. Check out windows store if there is an app you MUST have, chances are it exists. Oh the Facebook app on W8.1 works much better than the android version ever did.

I've had no issues setting the phone up with my gmail account for email nor importing contacts from my google contacts list. From putting the sim in and typing in a few account details I was good to go. I cannot wait for Cortana later on this year (hopefully not too late), as some features included there are currently missing. One for instance is quiet hours (aka. turning the phone sounds off whilst I sleep).

The only annoyance I do have with the phone is it insists on being on whilst charging. I like to charge the phone overnight whilst asleep, with my android I'd just turn the phone off, plug in charger and it was golden. With the Nokia as soon as the charger is plugged in the phone switches on again.

I highly recommend this phone, it's got great specifications for a reasonable price.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]