1.0 out of 5 stars Uneducated nonsense., 21 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Nothing Created Everything: The Scientific Impossibility of Atheistic Evolution (Hardcover)
Yet another example of the uneducated insisting their opinion counts when it clearly doesn't. The author has no understanding of the scientific process. If you have any respect for the truth avoid this book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Oct 2011 16:15:24 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2012 19:28:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2012 18:49:31 BDT
Cropes says:
Here is a brief but true story -
My father-in-law encountered God. In fact God spoke to him directly on several occasions. Curiously though, God restricted these divine conversations to when my father-in-law had stopped taking his medication.

Posted on 29 Nov 2014 17:57:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2014 22:35:10 GMT
Mr Henshaw is typical of all evolutionists. They talk about science but we never actually get any scientific facts which prove evolution to be true. This is because they don't have any!
All living things contain information at the cellular level. Information can only be generated by intelligence. So the evolutionist must explain how life can evolve without recourse to intelligence- which they can't.
Evolution is a fairy story for grown ups!.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2014 18:19:54 GMT
Mr Cropes makes fun of religion, but all he has to do to prove his point is give us some scientific evidence of evolution, which he can't.
Evolutionists believe that nothing created everything. Now that really is funny!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2014 08:41:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2014 08:42:13 GMT
Hello Johnny,

For now at least, I shall ignore your ridiculous assertion regarding the lack of scientific evidence for evolution.

Instead, since you found the story about my father in law so amusing, I shall give you some other humorous snippets from his life...

When my wife was 12 & her sister 14, along with his wife, he would drive the family to the pentecostal church every Sunday.
During the service, along with a couple of others, he would writhe on the floor, and speak gibberish.

His wife though, did not 'speak in tongues' so on the way back home he would bash her head against the dashboard as punishment for not being pious enough for the Holy Spirit to enter.

He also had a number of handguns and shotguns but the police took them away... but they never found the guns he buried in the garden. It was with one of these guns that he chased his wife and children with when they tried to leave him.

His second wife died from an alcohol related illness. We later discovered that she been to hospital many times before her death, due to 'falling down the stairs' & other accidents.

At some point in the 1990s he became a lay preacher. However the only preaching I was aware of was when he phoned my wife up to tell her that her mother was a lying b*tch and that we were all going to Hell.

In later years he bought the Bible Code books and was working on his own codes from the 'original' text himself.
He discovered that the Rapture was going to happen in 2006.

He died in 2007. No family attended his funeral.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2014 14:47:08 GMT
Hello Mr Cropes.
I note that you are ignoring my assertion that there is a lack of scientific evidence for evolution. The reason for that is quite simple; you haven't got any.
Regards

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2014 17:19:39 GMT
Hello again Johnny,

I will get around to refuting your ignorant assertion but before we get there, let me address some other points from your earlier comment...

1) You said...
"Mr Cropes makes fun of religion".

No, I don't.
I do, however, make fun of creationists who spout their foolishness on public forums. (Followers of Ray Comfort are a particularly easy target, I'll admit.)

2) You also said...
"all he has to do to prove his point is give us some scientific evidence of evolution".

I wasn't making a point regarding the validity of the evolutionary theory.
My point was that claiming to have "encountered the creator" does not mean that an argument is irrefutable. Quite the opposite in fact. Evidence suggests that claims of creator encounter are actually a sign of mental illness and therefore evidence from such a source needs to be treated with deep suspicion.

3) You then went on to say..
"Evolutionists believe that nothing created everything."

No, they don't.
What you have done here, Johnny, is you have confused evolution on Earth with the Big Bang Theory. On top of this confusion, you have also misrepresented what the Big Bang Theory actually is. This is a common mistake among those who read the idiocies of the like of Ray Comfort. This is because Ray & his cohorts are charlatans who deliberately lie to gain support.
Let me explain...

a) My best friend is Catholic. He accepts evolution as an undeniable fact. He believes that God (the same god as you believe in) created the universe.

b) Not all atheists accept the Big Bang Theory. In fact there is no correlation between the Big Bang Theory and atheism. There are atheists who subscribe to the Steady State Theory for example.

c) The Big Bang Theory is a model that explains the rapid expansion of the universe from a point of singularity. It does not touch upon how, or from what, that singularity was created.

d) There are a number of theories that attempt to explain what was 'before' the Big Bang. None of them though, say that it came from "nothing". At least not the way we understand the word. In his book, "A Universe From Nothing", Laurence Krauss explains that the "nothing" he refers to is actually a quantum vacuum as opposed to an actual nothingness. Forgive me if I don't try to explain quantum mechanics to you. (If you're having problems with evolution, I suspect there is very little point.)

e) I wonder what you think God made the physical matter from to create a universe. Either it was a physical `something' or it was a physical `nothing'. Now bearing in mind that there was nothing before He created the universe, then it can't have been from `something'. Therefore He made the universe from `nothing'.
So it would seem that it is in fact you, Johnny, that believes in a universe made from nothing.

If you really insist on me providing evidence for evolution, I will. However I'm not really sure why you're asking me.
If you want an answer to, "explain how life can evolve without recourse to intelligence", why not just type, "natural selection", on Wikipedia. It explains it very well in a simple style that even you should be able to understand.

Regards,

Cropes

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2014 12:10:13 GMT
Hello Cropes
Just read your post late last night.
Pretty much what I expected; no facts.
However, I have some relatives arriving today from Australia; so I won't be able to spend time responding in full, until they depart at the weekend (travelling up from Euston as I write)
Merry Christmas!
Regards
Johnnybigtime
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

2.2 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)

£17.13 £16.41