5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate in Image Quality - and great sound too!, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Panasonic X900 Full HD 1920 x 1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder with Built-In Viewfinder - Black (3MOS Sensor, 23x Intelligent Zoom, SD Card Recording, Leica Dicomar Lens and Manual Control Ring) 3.5 inch LCD (Electronics)
After many months of considering 3MOS cameras and research I eventually purchased the X900. I looked at a few videos on youtube, and considering the advantages of this model over previous such as the 5 axis OIS, the swivel LCD monitor and enhanced image quality, I decided to buy.

I have to say that I was completely blown away by the quality - especially playing the first films on my 52" Panny Plasma direct from the camera. I knew it would be good but I didn't really expect it to be THIS GOOD - absolutely stunning.

Currently I do a lot of semi pro photography so I have always been very critical about image quality - stills or video - and so I am absolutely delighted with the camera, the exposure, colour balance even on Integlligent Auto, (haven't felt the need to use manual mode much) are excellent. Plus I was also very pleasantly surprised with the sound - true 5.1 surround sound with a good broad seperation and great clarity on all channels.

I have to say this camera really has re-ignited my passion in Video as it delivers such good images it makes you want to go do some more - I am now always mindful of what the next adventure will be to film!

I am now burning 1080/50p AVCHD files to DVD using PowerDirector 10 and playing 1080/24p through the PS3 which is delivering a superb result and means I get true Full HD and I don't need the camera to playback.

Cameras are constantly developing and you could wait forever for the latest and greatest - my advice, buy this camera, get out there and delight yourself by bringing home some great films to share and enjoy in the future!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jun 2012 00:09:24 BDT
phillsmit3 says:
Does the ps3 not play back the 1080/50p AVCHDs? why are you playing 24p on ps3 I have this camcorder and love it but am now deciding what to do with the 1080 50p footage.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2012 14:03:14 BDT
Hi There, the 24p is the only option on my software - Powerdirector10 for AVCHD into PS3 so please don't be put off by this. Other software may be able to do this in 50p. My view is that more players and software will quickly become available so I'm filiming in 50p and will keep an eye on the emerging technologies to see how best to get 50p onto my plasma in the coming months. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 22:26:56 BDT
teckgadgets says:
I don't understandwhy alot of the reviews on these camcorders moan about editing. If I want to edit one of my AVCHD videos, I just take the SDXC card out of my camcorder and edit it in Windows Live movie Maker! do whatever, save in 1080p job done!. You don't lose any quality, so whats the point in buying final cut pro ? BTW, I've got the SD700 I haven't bothered with the SD900 or this one. I hope Panasonic deliver next year with a new Crystal pro 3 engine, 20 mega pixel stills, at least 30x optical zoom, less noise in low light and PLEASE FIXED THE FAN NOISE!!! that's the only negative I can pick out with my SD700. I shouldn't have to keep putting blue tack over the fan hole to make it less noticable on playback on the PC now should I.

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 15:37:55 BDT
Gwaima says:
just bought the panasonic x900m, trying it out for half an hour, the body get very hot, any one have this item experience the same thing that it get hot in such a short time? Should I be worry?

Posted on 31 Aug 2012 08:36:16 BDT
cm004d8137 says:
Do you have the same problem as me with this model? When filming enough constant footage that it splits the files into 4gig there is a severe drop of frames badly affecting the sound. I film my daughter in a charity show and it split the file after 4gig on later editing the split was right in the middle of a solo and sound and some video frames were lost - ruined the recording. Panasonic refuse to admit there is a problem on sarcastically replying to me saying "it is not a professional camera"

Posted on 6 Sep 2012 14:42:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2012 14:42:34 BDT
MISS RAVEN says:
hi, if you record in the highest quality, then insert the SD card into your ps3 will it play the footage? thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2012 14:57:00 BDT
cm004d8137 says:
Hi, The PS3 does not have a SDHC slot which is the type of storage this cam uses. Also the PS3 would not be able to cope with the 50P mode

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2012 21:55:21 BDT
I am sure i've copied 50p onto a usb and played on ps3 no problem. Its a pain though because every clips needs loading seperatly

Posted on 19 Mar 2013 00:39:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Mar 2013 00:45:50 GMT
Eladrevoc says:
I have trouble seeing a LED viewfinder.What does "Built In Viewfinder" mean?Does it mean that the Panasonic X900 has an old style view finder or is it some
kind of LED screen?