3.0 out of 5 stars An Ok Ending., 31 July 2013
This review is from: Complete Me (Stark Trilogy Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I'm at a bit of a loss with this book. I loved Release and Claim Me, but something fell a bit short this time. Don't get me wrong it is a perfectly good book, with a perfectly good ending but I feel a little short changed, I didn't have any "OMG" or "WTF" moments this time like I did before.

One of the main reasons I loved the first two books was because they didn't feel like I was reading something that had already been done and rehashed again, Damien and Nikki's story was developing nicely and there were a lot of aspects to be tied up in book 3. Julie did tie all those things up some of them extremely quickly if I am being completely honest, it was like "huh, is that it". But the continual de-ja vu moments I had while reading eventually couldn't be silenced, the first few times I was like OK, it stands to reason you will have a few similarities, but sadly, they literally continued right the way up to the end, it was also pretty easy to spot the villain (for want of a better word), as soon as they appeared.

Let's face it alot of authors have jumped on the FSOG and Crossfire bandwagon, some good some bad, and at no time did I feel that with Release/Claim Me. I can't really say that for Complete Me, it was one after another after another. I don't post spoilers in my reviews, but when you read it you will understand what I mean. Again, I want to clarify that the book is still pretty good, just not up to the high standard that was set with the first two.

I also have to say that there was so much sex going on in this book that the storyline completely disappeared at times. It got to the point where again it felt like I had read the same scenes in previous books. Damien's Dom side seems to be a little more prevalent in this book, but, and I honestly never ever thought I would say this the constant boffing, got a bit old as things went on, conversation was pretty minimal in some parts of the book because of it.

Author bashing is not my thing, and I respect each and every author/book I have the opportunity to read/review. I still love Damien and Nikki, and I think their relationship as a whole became fully defined in this book, Nikki realised exactly what it was she gave Damien by being with him. As well as the full extent his support, emotional and sexually gave her the confidence to believe in herself and to fight her own demons.

Damien - "I'm never letting you go,Nikki," he says, taking my hand and pulling me close. "I'd never forgive you if you did".

You'll want to read this book to see how their journey ends, as I said it ends well, but it's more of a sparkler than a roman candle this time.

ARC was provided by Netgalley, and I am pleased to provide the above honest review as thanks.

[Add comment]