4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Form Over Function,
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC (Paperback)
- The book is very well laid out and methodically structured.
- The presentation is excellent and the images are inspiring. In fact I didn't know whether I should read it or polish it.
- The style of writing is concise.
- The pitch of the book is variable. One minute it seems to be aimed at beginners, the next it's dropping in technical jargon which only people in the printing industry would understand. A glossary would not go amiss.
- The book as a whole is let down by the vague explanations of the more technical aspects of the Photoshop such as the colour management and printing sections. On more than one occasion I was left feeling frustrated and confused. Whilst I wouldn't expect an in depth explanation of every single detail, I do expect a coherent progression of the concepts.