4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Good case, great value,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for X10 (Electronics)
Firstly let me confess that I am no lover of ever-ready cases or, as I usually refer them "never-ready cases". My Leica M2 is a lovely camera to handle, but its case turns it into a deckchair. And the case for my Nikon F2 just about doubles its size. For these cameras I normally use a soft, wrap-around case.
With the Fuji X10, however, I need a more substantial case for those occasions when it lives in my briefcase and gets tossed around a bit. I read through all the reviews, having a good laugh at those dim-wits, who put the case on back to front and then complained that it didn't fit! After much hesitation, I ordered this Fuji case, specially after the price had been reduced to £39.99.
Initial impressions were favourable, as the case is as snug a fit as a Savile Row suit, adding only a little in size to the camera, so I was keen to try out the ergonomics. After a bout of field-testing, I can say that this is probably about the best hard case you are likely to get for any camera. Here are the plus points:
1) The case is extremely well made of high-grade leather.
2) The fit changes the camera handling very little. The moulded body grip is covered, but it is replaced by the edge of the leather case.
3) The flap opens "the wrong way round". Although this is counter-intuitive, you soon get used to it and it means that the flap never gets in the way of the lens. It is comfortable to use horizontally or vertically.
4) With the flap removed, you have a half-case to rival any of the expensive custom-made jobs.
5) The strap remains attached to the camera body, fastened to the case by loops, which are big enough to accommodate the fixtures of the best camera strap ever made - the Leica 14312.
While no camera handles as well in a hard case as without it, this is the best I have ever used in 50 years of photography. I still would prefer a soft, wrap case for normal carrying, but for those occasions when greater protection is required, this case is effective and great value at its new, reduced price.