5.0 out of 5 stars It's embarrassing but..., 7 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pokemon HeartGold (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I so love this game and I'm 32!!! I have never played Pokemon before, as I thought it was more for kids, but I was sucked in by the Pokewalker and OMG, I'm addicted! If I had more time I would be playing this non-stop, so if it's for a kiddy then make sure you keep an eye on how much time they spend playing!

I find there to be a lot in this game that is interesting for an adult, the characters are cute and there is something so addictive about getting your Pokemon to level up and to collect new species. So it is not just for kids at all!

If you like collecting and challenges that are not too scary, go for it! I love Animal Crossing and I love this. I just wish my DS could connect to my cable wifi :-(

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Dec 2010 17:17:00 GMT
you can connect to cable wifi if you use a wifi connector, nintendo sell their own ones which are made especially for DS. and thats what I used when I was stuck with dial up.

it basically creates a wireless signal for the DS to connect to the internet with via a computer. (Just I don't think it works with 64-bit Vista or windows 7 for some reason, I don't know why, but thats what my friend told me.)

Posted on 23 Feb 2011 16:02:38 GMT
Dear Laura,

Is it possible for you to tell me if there is any problem with the game card when you first opened it? I got 1 from Amazon and whenever I hold it firmly, shake it lightly, I could hear the sound of rattle inside just like the chip-board is not stable... I really appreciate if you could tell me about your game card's condition.

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 17:44:49 GMT
T. Forryan says:
Hey,
I had the same problem with wifi, until a couple of weeks ago. It's down to the older wireless technology in DS's (including the more recent ones, I think). DS's require the security settings of a wireless router to be set to WEP (Wirless Encryption Protocol), as opposed to the more recent WPA and WPA 2, which DS's can't handle. Simply changing this setting on your wireless router (assuming that you would be using your own router) should allow you to use the DS's for wifi, after you input the security key. It's worth noting that this has to be done from a computer connected to the router.

NB: 1) WEP is less secure than WPA or WPA 2, so it would be wise to switch it back, when not using it for your DS.
2) If you change this setting, the other devices using your wireless router won't be able to access it, unless you change the settings for those devices individually (ie: tell them to use WEP and put in the security key)

Hope this makes sense and is helpful, albeit several months later :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (184 customer reviews)

117.95