5 of 7 people found the following review helpful
Interesting ,many questions, not enough answers.,
This review is from: Jesus Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why We Don't Know About Them) (Paperback)
The book is interesting in itself, with a lot of information and comparisons.
My problem is manyfold.
- The author gives a lot of details comparisons (Luke says this,but John says this,...) But not enough did I find a historical, sociological, or other reason for the discrepancies. I suppose there must be.
- The bibliography is almost non - existent. This kind of material and comparisons, without almost any bibliography for further research.
- the limited books that are cited as sources are almost his own othe books.
- the book misses an index, which would be very useful.
- Goin through the bibliographies of other books on Christianity and Bibelstudies, the books by Ehrman are very often lacking. What does that tell us?
I will gladly read some of his other books, because the questions he raises are very interesting, but the answers are lacking.