5.0 out of 5 stars A tragic wonder., 15 Sep 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I own Diablo on both the xbox 360 and the PC. I decided to give the xbox 360 version a shot after I quit the PC version a few months ago because I had finally had enough with the state of affairs on the game. I have a paragon 100 level 60 barbarian on the PC that was once in the top 100 player rankings for DPS, before the gutwrenching release of the legendary items patch.

Honestly it feels like us PC players have been the beta testers and feedback developers for what is one of the best games I have ever played in my life - Diablo 3 on the console.

I had been an avid player of Diablo 1 and 2 when I was younger - I remember farming belial until I fell asleep at my computer, and the hours of fun I had.

Diablo 3 on the PC was not that. Full of bugs, glitches, exploits, gold farmers, THE AUCTION HOUSE, and lets not forget the famous non-offline mode.

On the xbox, all of these issues have finally been resolved. I can finally play offline in peace if I wish to, and I actually feel as if im achieving something by farming acts, as the drops are no longer a pile of garbage that are next to unusable unless I farm for 20 hours a day. I have picked up a wonderful set of gear on my new barbarian and am currently sitting at paragon level 16, and I have space to improve, but it's actually a challenge to fight mobs now- rid is the terrible magic power levels that made no difference if you were on 10 or 5 regarding what dropped, all that changed was how long it took to kill mobs. Now if you change the magic level, the AI responds to this and provides even more of a challenge.

I can honestly say that finally blizzard have got this game right, but that has come from the eternal suffering of us on the PC, the true beta testers.

However, I am grateful. I finally can enjoy Diablo 3 as it was meant to be played, and I no longer will always be disappointed when someone mentions it or I see it in the shops. I won't be reminded of the terrible times I had during the PC game anymore, as I am in love with the console version.

Perhaps it's a sign that the PC is in fact ageing, and consoles are the way forward.

Hell, I can even dupe items and use a character editor if I want to now - because blizzard has finally allowed for character transfers.

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to play Diablo, be you old timers from the PC, or new gamers alike. You will all enjoy and love this polished up marvel that has been created. The graphics are wonderful, I can see they have been touched up nicely, the gameplay is smooth and consistent and overall it's just a great, addictive gameplay experience.

[Add comment]