5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at a great price., 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Samsung S22C300HS 21.5 inch LED Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 5ms, HDMI, VGA) (Accessory)
I read through a lot of reviews for a lot of different pc monitors before deciding on this one, and I feel I definitely made the right choice.
Easy to set-up, auto-configurated itself with me only having to decrease the brightness slightly, though that was my personal preference, can't quite believe how crisp and clear the quality of the picture is.
The monitor/stand is sturdy, tidy and frees up a fair bit of space on my desk.
The touch controls I found to be extremely pleasing to use and not at all confusing or used by accident if you're aware of where they are, they're marked with a description on the front of the monitor whether icon or text and are a good 4 inches away from the desk so its near impossible to access them by accident reaching underneath the monitor.
I did read one review who gave it a 2 because he got sent a 2-pin plug, well I also got a 2-pin plug but alongside it was also the native 3 pin plug so big Kudos to Samsung for supplying both cables.
The stand has a very glossy finish and doesn't seem to want to hold fingerprint marks at all which is excellent, and I doubt it takes much maintenance to keep it dust free, if any.

All-in all I couldn't be happier with my purchase, took a few minutes to set up from unboxing to trying out with movies, games and general internet use.
It was just what I was looking for and more, highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2014 16:44:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Feb 2014 01:08:47 GMT
Mrs Wibble says:
"Contrary to what a handful of reviewers have stated, the monitor position IS adjustable, can be swivelled and tilted from the stand."

No. *Yours* is adjustable. Some other people ordered monitors that also turned out to be adjustable. The rest of us received monitors that are *not* adjustable.

The fact that we are saying something different from you doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about but, rather, that two types of monitor are shipping. According to the manufacturer's website, this model number should have the tilting stand. I have asked Amazon to look into this and am awaiting a response.

With the tilt, I agree it's a great monitor; without it, it's an ergonomic disaster.

Update (17/02/14):

Amazon checked the warehouse and reported back that the monitors they have in stock do *not* have tilting stands. Since it seemed that I was unable to swap the fixed stands on the two monitors I have, I negotiated a 15% discount for each monitor. It seems that it is pot luck as to what you receive because Amazon thinks all the stands should be fixed, but they have clearly received mixed stock.

Note that there is apparently a tilting stand you can buy separately for this screen; perhaps I will use the refund I received to buy a pair. Meanwhile, hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›