5.0 out of 5 stars No-holds-barred romantic thriller, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Embrace (Embrace Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Oh my goodness. That was pretty intense. This no-holds-barred romantic thriller really takes you on a rollercoaster of a journey.

Argh, I feel drained. It was so so good!!

Dangerous Embrace is fast paced from the get go, throwing you right into a chilling assault scene in the very first pages. So I knew from the beginning I was in for quite a ride, and I wasn't wrong.

This is a story about a woman who has experienced more trauma than anyone can every imagine... the book deals with domestic violence, rape, miscarriage, assault, murder, stalking... the list is long and horrific.

"You can't understand what it's like to have the choice taken away, a man forcing himself on you. Not caring if you want or don't want... and that powerlessness. Not being strong enough to stop - not having any control. It's something that never goes away."

The author write boldly about some very dark topics and the result is a bloodcurdling but gripping book! At 95% I thought my heart was going leap out of my chest, it was pounding so fast!

Our heroine, Sarah, is broken, terrified and living a poor excuse of a life. She's sworn of men, love and any notion of having a family and she trusts nobody, building walls around herself that are impossible to penetrate.

"I handed him my heart, soul, and spirit on a silver platter and he crushed them into a million pieces."

Enter Mark... our hero. And what a hero he is. If you like them over protective, a little bit controlling and so totally alpha male, you'll love Mark! *swoons* He bulldozes his way into Sarah's life and takes her problems onto his own shoulders...

"You should be able to have everything you want... you should be a mommy and a wife and you shouldn't have to live with your life being threatened at every turn."

And what happens in the meantime. Well of course, they fall in love. *big happy smiley face* Aww, he's just so adorable with her. I defy any reader not to fall in love with him.

"I promise to always be here when you wake up."

The only thing I would have changed... I would have loved an epilogue.

So with a whole heap of action, some seriously brutal scenes of violence, a hulking ex-police-officer, security professional, gorgeously hot hero and a beautiful love story, this is bound to be a hit. It kind of reminds me of a Kristen Ashley book, without the comedy. I highly recommend Dangerous Embrace!

"I love you Mark. You gave me my life back."

By Smitten's Book Blog

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]