5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Powerball Techno (Sports)
My girlfriend bought me one of these (the Techno) for Christmas because I tend to suffer from RSI in my left wrist due to a job I used to do a few years ago. Since then it can be very painful to perform even the slightest thing and my grip is also rather poor because of this.

I was doubtful that this thing could actually work but I, like a lot of people have been quite intrigued for some time so was quite interested when I found my girlfriend got me one.

For the first few times I had difficulty getting the ball started even with the string and I had to resort to using YouTube to find out how to use it properly (there are a lot of good videos on there for anyone who is struggling to start the ball) but once I got it going there's been no stopping me!! I've had it just over a week but I swear I feel a difference already. Certainly after only a few minute's use each day the burn can be felt in my forearms due to muscles that aren't used that often starting to wake up so I have no doubt that it is actually doing me some good.

I can see me using this ball for a long time to come as it gives gentle, thereputic exercise to my wrists, hands and arms and I truly believe that over time the strength in my wrists and my grip will certainly improve.

The Techno ball also has red and blue lights built into the rotor that illuminate and create "fire lines" when the ball reaches a certain speed, which are really quite hypnotic. It never needs batteries as it gets the power it needs from the spinning of the rotor.

Although the Techno ball also gives you a score in the form of your speed which scrolls across the rotor face when the ball is sufficiently slowed down I can't recommend it for anyone who uses these balls for competition because it can sometimes be hard to read due to there being a specific way you need to hold the ball in order to read it properly without it degenerating into a messy and ineligible mess of flashing lights (a technique I'm yet to master). It is possible to use the supplied wrist strap and simply drop the ball from your hand and let it dangle on the end of your arm to keep the ball steady which does make it far easier to read but also makes it impossible to switch the ball from hand to hand while it's still spinning.

All in all I highly recommend this item for anyone who struggles with dexterity or who needs to strengthen their arms, hands and grip, it's a great product and in low light conditions the fire lines look stunning, but for anyone who's into competition then you may be better off choosing a ball with a built in digital display. For me, however, it's perfect :)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]