73 of 77 people found the following review helpful
Great Hoover - closest to a Dyson DC26 My honest constructive review pro's and cons,
This review is from: Vax C89-P6-B Power 6 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I wanted a dyson DC26 and was umming and arring over the cost and reviews, I'm very fussy when it comes to buying products, as I don't have money to throw away, and like my purchases to last with value for money, especially when paying out a larger amount. In the end I purchased this vacuum, I would rather take a chance with this product as it was on sale and reasonable in price for my budget, it also had more positive reviews. I purchased this hoover 3 weeks ago, and I have handled it roughly, hoovering as normal. I was not aware how much dust was in my home until I used this hoover, it picks very well on my carpets (6mths old), and all floors, and bristle door rugs (fitted inside -very old/ looks new now), it has an adjustable power suction dial, picks up well on medium suction, (especially once ontop of the house work) I feel this is a great strong hoover. yes there may be better out there, but not at this price- in my findings, and this was the closest one I could find to a dyson DC26, (which I will own oneday- maybe another model) at a fraction of the cost, with great comparisons. There are 4 filters on this hoover 2 washable filters on the actual cylinder, and 2 cleanable filters on the moter, 1 of which is a hepa filter - to trap small dust & allergens
1. strong ajustable suction,works very well for me, I was amazed (and ashamed being house proud) how much dust was in my home, that was not visible to my eye
2. easy to use and empty - one button, easy to clean filters - when hoovering up hair- the hair slides off the orange washable plastic filter (located in see through dust cylinder) very easy to remove, and did not affect performance In the interum of hoovering.
3. ajustable power suction, works well on low suction for upholstery, blinds, bed ect.
4. comes with 3 other heads(not sure what they're called),and tidy storage for them, a dusting brissle, skirting board & uphoslstery head, my favourite one was the upholstery, to hoover my matress.
5. it does what it's say's it does.
6. extendable metal pipe, strong. (better than plastic- durable) long hose, long cord - no need to keep on changing plugs - mind you I have a one bed flat all on one floor.
7. not too big, fits into a little cupbard I have in hallway-good if you don't have much storage space.
8. hepa filter works well I notice the differece as I recently had a dust alergie of some kind.
9. works well on all floors, (I have had my carpets for just under six months) ajustable head for stubborn dust ect on heavy rugs, and ajustable for floors - as well as ajustable suction.
1. when pulling it along it can get stuck around corners, chair legs ect, annoying! when feeling lazy!
2. Hepa Filter and Premoter Filter on vax website are a bit expensive just under £30 for them both(HF 14.99 and PF 12.99) , considering hoover is on sale here and argos for £59.99 so look around, you can pick up a chamber filer, the little black one for about £3, looks like the filters for fish tanks.(when you remove cylinder to empty- you'll see what I'm refering to)
3. for me, dusting brissle brush could of been softer, or had a soft one aswell to do dusting on high gloss polished surfaces like tv stand, cd's ect.
4. plastic hose quite soft, handle with care, especially when storing and pulling
storage: I wrap the hose in the directions the hose wants to go, circular, and I use an old skinny belt loosly around hose to keep tidy, together and in a safe place.
handle the hose with care; especially when storing, it is plastic.
clean cleanable filters outside, in a bag, stop the dust floating in house.
keep clean whole hoover, it only takes two minutes, and will make hover last longer, and function well, as well as feeling new each time.
I've had mine for 3 weeks and I have used it, about 15- 20 times.
may give another review in 6 months from now, to see if it keeps its suction. (the suction was so strong it pulled up my sealant around edges- because of ajustable suction dial, I can hoover with ease.
I hope this helps.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 May 2013 19:12:26 BDT
Ms Customer says:
I said I would do another review in 6 months
Its been almost 8 months and this hoover is still going strong.
may do another review later on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›