5.0 out of 5 stars Just purchased... and review updated., 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro 5600mAh Portable External Battery Charger with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, Retina iPad Mini 2, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, Note 3, HTC One and most other smartphones (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included) (Electronics)
Only just got this, mainly to charge up a gopro battery, but thought I would charge up my iphone5 as was about to go out and no time to plug into mains charger, as it does not come supplied with the latest type (lighting connector) I took the iphone lead with me and plugged it in... great its charging... two minutes later the charging stops and you get the yellow warning triangle displaying on the iphone5 that this is not a compatible charger and so will not charge your iphone5 despite the product claiming to charge it.

Update: After writing this review I was contacted by Anker who were most concerned about this not working with the iPhone 5, to cut a long story short this product now gets FIVE stars and the same for the Anker support via email, there is sometimes a slight delay in getting a reply due to the times zone but it was sorted out and Anker sent me a replacement unit via Amazon.
I plugged it in to a half charged unit and no more warning from the iphone, charged up the iphone which was on 67% to 100% in no time at all, can not recommend this company and support highly enough, if only all support was like this... they also told me no need to return the old unit so keeping that as it works on the Gopro hero 3.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Aug 2013 04:27:59 BDT
ANKER says:
Dear customer,

Thank you for leaving us the product review.

We are sorry to hear that. This unit is compatible with iPhone 5 but lighting connector not included. Can you please try a different charging cable with your iPhone 5 to see how it goes? Does this 5600mah work fine with other devices? If the issue is our unit, we are happy to make an exchange for you or issue you refund per your preference.

Please just email us at support@ianker.com with your Amazon order # so that we can assist you further.

Best Regards.

Anker Team
support@ianker.com

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2013 18:13:40 BDT
Does your product also charge a Binatone Sat Nav F430

Posted on 15 Nov 2013 09:11:16 GMT
GrebGoneBad says:
Hi!

just read your review, sounds like Anker have excellent Customer Service, which is always nice. =)

I was wondering, how quickly does it take to fully charge a device? I bought myself the Nexus 5 which has a 2,300mAh non-removeable battery, and I want to find an emergency charger that will do so fast! Also, is the device small enough to fit comfortably in your pocket?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2014 00:09:17 GMT
Joe says:
Hi I was also looking for something to charge the Nexus 5. Did you end up getting this?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2014 18:32:11 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Mar 2014 18:34:52 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2014 18:33:15 GMT
Tomcatuk says:
Sorry not really timed it to see how long it takes...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2014 18:34:39 GMT
Tomcatuk says:
Should have added yes certainly small enough to put in your pocket...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2014 18:35:46 GMT
Tomcatuk says:
Sorry wouldn't know not got a sat nav

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2014 11:52:33 GMT
Mr. P. Smith says:
iam intrested in purchasing the Ankers mobile charging unit for Apple Iphone 5, but this puts me off due to the Apple iphone 5 having a Lightening connector cable which is not surplied with the Ankers moblie charging unit. I read a review where a customer used the Lightening cable surplied with the Apple iphone 5 ,but after a short time off charching the iphone 5 a message appeared on his phone saying the Ankers Unit was not compatable.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2014 12:02:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2014 12:05:09 GMT
Tomcatuk says:
Yup! it did with me... they sent me another unit which has been fine and said to keep the other one, my experience of support from Anker I cannot fault used it with both iphone 5 and now 5S
Should also add I have used it to charge up my ipad which was low at 30% battery the other day and needed more juice for my nightly film watching session which bumped it up to 65% enough to keep me watching;-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›