5.0 out of 5 stars I like WP7, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Where to start. I went through pretty much all the platforms. Couple of years with Blackberry, couple of months with Android, 3 years with iPhone(s), Windows Mobile many years ago (horrible experience) and even Palm. If I look to last years, iPhone 3Gs and 4 was great. Then I realized that I need bigger display. Looked around tested couple of devices and ended up with HTC Titan as a first WP7 experience. I liked that device, but there was annoying bug with muffled voice during call and so I got rid of it and bought Galaxy Note and quickly changed for Galaxy Nexus.

Now, coming to Lumia 900. I have to say, it has less cores, less memory, smaller display, lower resolution. So is that fail? No absolutely not. I am honestly saying, that using Lumia is much more pleasure then Nexus. It is fast, I like the WP7 concept. It is limited on certain things, but nothing that would be extremely problematic for me. Phone size including display is just about that. Exchange sync is obviously flawless (not like on Android), integration with social networks is brilliant. Keyboard typing is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't find a keyboard on Android where I would be able to type so precisely as on WP7. I had in my hands for a day Lumia 800 and this is definitely more mature product in all aspects. Battery life seems to be average, 1 day non problem with push active for Exchange, Gmail, active chat and quite heavy usage. I expect it gets a little better as the battery settles down. If you like WP7, there is no better device now. I haven't tested camera yet, but I assume it is going to be more than acceptable. There are 2 things I see as a problem. First is the little metal thing around camera lens which gets scratched very quickly. The other is price of the device. Considering the HW spec and fact that Nokia needs to get stronger, I would expect more aggressive pricing. 450GBP is simply a lot, if you just look around for comparable devices. I knew why I wanted it, but customers usually compare bit more than I did.

In terms of Amazon service no complains. I live in Prague (Czech) and I was surprised how quickly the item was delivered. I ordered on Wednesday around 6pm. Thursday around 6pm I got a mail that item was dispatched. It was delivered 10am on Monday, so 3 days delivery including weekend is incredible for 6 pounds. So overall, very satisfied with Amazon services so far.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Oct 2012 22:08:30 BDT
Iceman says:
I just have a few questions, I'm looking at this phone for a replacement for my Nokia N8. Why I want a replacement is due to how slow the Nokia N8 is overall, and especially how bad it is at surfing the internet.

I would like to know if it's fast overall, easy to use, and is the browsing the internet easy and quick?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2012 14:59:16 BDT
The price of smartphones like this is precisely why people have monthly contracts and pay 30 a month for unlimited internet and 5000 texts . I cant imagine shelling out 4 or 500 quid for a phone even if I had very deep pockets!

Posted on 20 Jan 2013 22:15:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jan 2013 22:27:27 GMT
HTC Titan - vs - Lumia 900 difficult one to call... everyone will have a personal point of view on what their
favourite points are on each phone, there is no obvious clear winner, as they both score 4/5.

No doubt Nokia "bet the Farm" on the New '900 Lumia' with a very detailed and rock solid build, however so did HTC.

with the price nearly half on what it was last year, I would give it serious consideration, however the new W8 Phone is out now HTC Can let you have a 4 inch version for 208.00 in black and blue.. two tone with a good CPU and decent battery... however, the best Phone at the minute is the new "Galaxy note 2". very nice 450-500 will come down to 399 very soon with the launch of other competition. Then in June the "Galaxy Note 3" is to be released ahead of its time, to remain ahead, and fetch back some of that money Apple owe Samsung.. (Samsung) have a nice line up this year with the (Galaxy S-4 due in June-July time too).. according to insiders... and leaks coming out.! also some Photos of prototypes on the net are not to difficult to Google! - Good luck...

I'm my humble opinion..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (51 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 104.99